Chapter 55

Suleiman

Salahuddin left when Mishal was feeding me soup. The doctor advised it would be better to take a liquid-only diet for a few days. If it were up to them, they would have kept me in the hospital. Mishal was still not happy that I had come home. She insisted on me until we left to think about staying.

Michal finished feeding me the soup and dabbed my mouth with a napkin, leaning forward. I caressed her cheek where Armaan had hit her with the gun. It was still bruised. She had concealed it with makeup when she came to the hospital but removed it after returning home.

Mishal sucked in a breath as I traced a line from her cheek to her lip, shutting her eyes and leaning into my touch.

"I wish I could have killed him myself," I traced the corner of her lip where it was busted.

Salahuddin had briefed me about everything before he left and had specifically asked me to take care of Mishal because now when everything would settle, her guilt of killing a man would catch up to her. She was not a born killer like me, and killing Armaan would indeed affect her.

I knew she had feelings for me, but I never expected her to kill someone for hurting me. I still couldn't forget how terrified she was of me at our wedding. With time she grew into a ferocious woman who no one could subdue. I couldn't help but feel proud of the woman she had become.

"I beat you to it," she opened her eyes and smiled mischievously, then leaned back and tried to walk away.

I grabbed her wrist, and she turned and looked at me sideways. I scooted aside on the bed and motioned her to sit beside me. She looked nervous as well as conflicted. Did she still doubt how much I loved her?

"Suleiman, please," she pulled her wrist, but I tugged at it, and she nearly fell on the bed with a yelp.

"Suleiman," she cried in protest.

I flipped her on her back and hovered over her the next moment. She looked at me, terrified, "What are you doing?" she exclaimed in horror.

"Something I should have done long back," I replied leisurely.

"You need rest. The doctor said you couldn't do any rigorous activities for at least two months," her tone was commanding.

"Are you commanding me, Pigeon?" I leaned and brushed my lips over her.

"All of you Mafia men owe your lives to me, so I advise you to be a bit more respectful towards me," she said, placing her palms on my bare chest and pushing me back.

"Fuck, Mishal, I wish I had been conscious to see you kill that motherfucker," I said with pride in my voice for her.

Mishal didn't reply just kept staring at me silently, and then her doe eyes clouded with tears. The next moment she cried, "It's okay, Pigeon, you were amazing. Even Salahuddin is scared of you now," I tried to cheer her mood, but she pulled me closer and hugged me tightly, burying her face in my chest.

I rolled on my side, pulling Mishal with me and wrapping my hands around her. My wound stung like a bitch, but I didn't want to let Mishal go. She was a sobbing mess in my arms within minutes, and I waited for her sobs to subside while stroking her hair.

"I killed a man, Suleiman," she said, pulling her face away from my chest with her lips trembling and her chin wobbling. Her face was stained with tears, and her eyes were full of guilt and distress.

"It's okay. If you hadn't killed him, he would have killed us all," I wiped her tears.

"Does it.... does it make me a bad person if I don't regret killing him?" She asked, stuttering.