Chapter 15

Thanks, Ishita for the edit.

Mishal

I entered Suleiman's office, he was sitting on his huge leather chair behind his desk. Salahuddin was seated across from him, and a young guy in his mid-twenties was standing beside the desk.

"You called me?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I wanted you to meet your bodyguard, Abbas," Suleiman replied and pointed to the guy, standing on his left.

I gave a puzzled look to Suleiman, why was he assigning me a bodyguard? Was it not enough for him to have locked me up in his house? I didn't want a bodyguard breathing down my neck twenty-four seven.

"Why will I need a bodyguard? I rarely ever go out," my tone got angry.

"You will now. You see, Salahuddin's sister's wedding is next month and I want you to help her in the preparations," he answered.

I rolled my eyes at his reply, typical Suleiman. When I asked him to allow me to go to college he had outright declined, citing security reasons. Well, won't my security be compromised when I will be hitting the shopping mall and stores?

Male Chauvinist.

"Do you have any problem?" he asked me.

"No?" I figured he had caught me rolling my eyes.

"Good. Now get dressed, you have a lunch appointment with Salahuddin's sisters. You all can discuss the wedding details at lunch," he ordered.

If you thought something might have changed between us after the night he told me he wanted to kiss me, then sorry to disappoint but it didn't. My virginity was still intact, hell I hadn't even experienced my first kiss even after two months of our marriage.

After Aminah had left for the US, I had expected that Suleiman might make a move, but he hadn't. It was like that incident never happened between us. I had stopped thinking about it. Well, he can go do whatever the shit he tends to do. I damn care about him. Or so I thought.

My routine had remained the same in the last month. Working out in the gym with Osman, then having breakfast. After breakfast, I used to read to Mama, mostly Urdu poetry. She seems to like Ghalib and Ahmed Faraz among the poets.

I would join Daaya in the kitchen after that to help with the preparation for lunch. I had always been passionate about cooking. Now I had all the time in the world, I put it to better use, mastering my favorite dishes. I inquired about what dishes Suleiman liked eating and tried to master them as well.

In the evening I started taking violin lessons. Suleiman had found me the best violinist in town, at my request. He had promised me I could learn anything I wanted as long as I was confined to his house. He assured me he would always find the best of the best for the task of mentoring me.