Chapter 14

Thanks, Ishita for the edit 😘

Suleiman

A few more days passed and Mishal was still not speaking to me. I have never courted any woman in my life. The only woman I was ever with was forced to be with me. I don't think I had given her any choice to decide if she wanted to be with me or not.  

I didn't want to force Mishal to forgive me. The thought of hurting her unsettled me. I was going fucking insane, because of a girl. To tell the truth, I never had any problem with bringing men to their knees in front of me. A girl half my size had fucking made me desperate.

   We had been married nearly three weeks now, Aminah was going back to the US the next day. It was Sunday and the ladies were fussing about something in the kitchen. I didn't know the reason for all the fuss but it certainly made me curious.

   Osman, Abdullah, and I had been sitting in the living room discussing a new business deal. I haven't involved Abdullah, on the illegal side of the business. I knew how dangerous it was and I didn't want to risk my sister's happiness and life.

   Aminah was looking quite suspicious during the dinner. She was giving secret smiles to Mishal, all through the dinner. Even though Osman and Abdullah had noticed her suspicious behavior, we passed each other glances to ask what was all the suspense about.

   "Mishal why don't you fill a bowl with  Gulab Jamun (Jamun is also defined as a fried delicacy in sugar syrup, the syrup is rose-scented hence called Gulab, which is rose in Urdu) for Suleiman Bhai," Aminah asked Mishal.

  Well, this was not the first time Gulab Jamuns were made after our wedding, so why was Aminah specifically asking Mishal to serve them to me? I can never understand what goes on, into the diabolical minds of women.

   Mishal served me the Gulab Jamun with a pout. She had been pouting a lot the last few days, and I admit it made her look kind of cute. She looked really cute when she was not annoying the fuck out of me.

  I picked up a Gulab Jamun from the bowl and placed it in my mouth and it melted on my tongue. I had to admit they were delicious. I cleared the bowl pretty fast, Gulab Jamun had been my favorite since childhood. These Gulab Jamun reminded me of the Gulab Jamun Mama used to make when Dad was alive. Her Gulab Jamun used to melt in the mouth the same way as these.

   "And?" Aminah asked curiously.

  "They are amazingly delicious, I have to kiss your hands if you made them, " I told her, filling my bowl with more Gulab Jamun.       Aminah chuckled and Mishal who was sitting beside her blushed so hard that it made her appear red as a tomato. What the fuck was going on?

  Then it dawned on me that Mishal might have made the Gulab Jamun as part of the ritual where the brides make something sweet when she takes the responsibility of the household and kitchen.