Chapter 7

Thanks Ishista_0081 for this edit

Suleiman

I took a deep breath, it didn't matter what I did or did not feel. I had obligations towards my wife and I had to fulfill them. I walked to the bed and sat at the edge of the bed at an arm's length from Mishal. Her mesmerizing scent filled my nostrils. I turned over her veil to make her face visible to me.

   There she was sitting with her eyes tightly closed and her hands clutching the fabric of whatever type of dress that she was wearing. I can't deny the fact that she was breathtakingly beautiful, but it still didn't make me feel anything.

   I cleared my throat to get her attention. I wanted to get over this night as soon as I could. Mishal peeked at me through one eye. She opened her other eye when she saw me looking at her.

   I tried to think about what I was supposed to say to my bride on the wedding night. I didn't know much about girls. I had been with only one woman in my entire twenty-eight years of life. I didn't know much about any other woman at all, especially a teenager.

   "I assume you are aware of the aspect of the consummation of marriage?" I asked her.

   "Huh?"

   She was looking at me with an expression of shock on her face and the widened doe eyes again.

   I took a deep breath, I had realized this conversation with my wife was going to be a test of my patience. 

As I had expected Mishal didn't want to sleep with me either. She tried her best to assure me that she won't let anyone find out the truth. I wouldn't have cared about the people in any other circumstances, but Mishal was the daughter of Jahangir Shah and I needed him. Surat was very important geographically to my business.

I had my eyes on Surat for quite some time now, and when Jahangir Shah had proposed an alliance I had readily agreed to him. I would have free reign on Surat in return for a little help to Jahangir Shah to keep his enemies at bay and marry his daughter.

I had offered him Osman's hand for Mishal but he had insisted that he would marry his daughter only to the boss of Vipers. The prospect of marrying Jahangir Shah's daughter hadn't looked unsettling till the time I found out how young she was.

I needed to take Mishal into confidence if I wanted to avoid any conflict with Jahangir Shah. Mishal looked quite eager to go along with my plan.

"Okay, then. Get rid of your clothes and Jewelry, " I told her.

Mishal looked at me horrified and I realized the wrong choice of my words. I hadn't thought she might take my words into that context. I felt a little uncomfortable about how horrified my wife was at the prospect of sleeping with me.

"Fucking great Venom, your wife officially despises you, " I thought bitterly.

I looked at Mishal and said in a cold tone, "What I mean to say is, you should change into something comfortable and go to sleep."