Chapter 50

Mishal

  I was skeptical about getting out of the car when we reached the warehouse. I was worried about the men's reaction when we crashed the meeting. Women were supposed to stay away from the mafia business. It was to protect them in case of a crisis. Wardah, on the other hand, looked unbothered. I couldn't understand how she managed to stay calm in such a situation. If I were in her place and Huzaifa Ibrahim was thirsty for my blood. I wouldn't have stepped inside a five-hundred-meter radius around him.

Huzaifa was a mafia boss and a brutal one at that. It was a miracle he didn't kill Wardah the moment he found out she was responsible for the raids. I had convinced him to meet with Suleiman with great difficulty and had no idea how he would react seeing Wardah. I prayed Wardah knew what she was doing and didn't mess it up further.

We approached the entrance of the warehouse, where two guards were stationed. They scrutinized us from head to toe, scowling.  

 "Miss, you are not supposed to be here," one of the guards said. 

 "We are here for the meeting," I replied to him.

 "Boss didn't inform us you were coming," the guard masked his astonishment at my mentioning the meeting. 

 "I am Wardah Zaman, and I don't think you might have any more questions for us," Wardah addressed the guard with an air of authority.

 "Pardon me. I was not aware of your identity. I will inform the boss," he placed his hand on the Bluetooth when Wardah motioned for him to stop. 

 "There is no need. As you can see, we are unarmed, and we can notify Mr. Ibrahim about our arrival ourselves,"  Wardah placed her hand on the handle and turned it to slide the door open, and stepped in. 

 The guard didn't protest, and we walked inside and were met with the voices of men arguing. The loudest voice belonged to none other than Huzaifa, "It's done, Suleiman. There is no need to negotiate. Your sister is done for good."

 I looked at Wardah in concern. She appeared unfazed at Huzaifa's declaration. She calmly walked forward and took a turn around the huge containers until the men came into view. They were all seated on chairs around the large round coffee table in the middle. The moment the men noticed us, their posture stiffened. 

 My eyes met Suleiman's. He was his usual cold self, with no sign of the man who had confessed his love to me on his knees. I tore my gaze away from him and looked around at the others, Huzaifa was glaring at Wardah in hatred, and Yahya's hand on his shoulder was the only thing stopping him from doing anything impulsive. 

 "Wardah, what are you doing here?" Salahuddin asked through gritted teeth. 

 His expression clearly indicated how pissed off he was at Wardah and me coming to the meeting. 

 Wardah kept silent and pulled a chair on the left of Suleiman and settled on it while I sat on the one beside her. Salahuddin was settled on the chair on the right of Suleiman while Yahya, Huzaifa, and their third in-command, Junaid, were sitting across from us. 

"Look who we have here, most honorable Sub-division Magistrate Madam Wardah Zaman. Tell me, mam, how would you like to get honored with my gun or knife?" Huzaifa asked in a mocking tone with an evil smirk on his face. 

 "Well, our Righteous Minister was so persistent in meeting me that I couldn't deny his wish. Now since the most wanted sister is here, we can decide whether she is done for good or not, shall we, gentlemen?" Wardah said, holding her chin high and looking into Huzaifa's eyes. 

 I was sure the meeting would lead to the end of the alliance because neither Wardah nor Huzaifa looked willing to back off. From what it seemed, things would only escalate if they both didn't keep their temper in check. I just hoped Wardah had solid reasons to crash this meeting, and I wouldn't regret trusting her.