Chapter 52

Mishal

Armaan hit my face with the gun's barrel, and a painful cry spilled out of my mouth from the impact. He yanked me backward pulling my hair, then threw me on the floor with a jerk. I fell face first on the floor and shrieked as the hard floor hit me.

"Don't you dare touch her," I heard Suleiman's warning growl.

My heart shrunk in my chest, then expanded with full force the next second. What was Suleiman doing there? Why did he come there instead of protecting himself?

Armaan would kill him at first instinct.

"Suleiman, don't come here. Please go," I cautioned, still lying on the floor face first.

"Welcome, Venom. I was waiting for you to get the party started," Armaan replied mockingly.

I pushed myself onto my elbow and stared in the direction of Suleiman's voice, but the searing pain from my lip and cheek blinded my vision.

"You wanted me. I am here. Let Mishal go," Suleiman instructed.

It was clear from the timbre in Suleiman'a voice how much he struggled to control himself. I knew Suleiman would never let anyone hurt me. He wouldn't hesitate to kill that person. I remembered when he murdered Haris the next day of our wedding and for harassing me.

I knelt on the ground and felt dizzy from how bad my head hurt. A warm liquid trickled down my cheek from where Armaan had hit me with the gun. My knees and elbows burned, an indication they got scraped on the rough floor from the impact of my fall.

"Throw your gun, Suleiman," Armaan barked.

The next moment I heard Suleiman drop his gun with a loud thud. I looked up at him through my blurry vision. Even in the dim light, I could feel Suleiman'a gaze fixed on me. Suleiman strode towards us while Armaan stayed on the spot beside me. I had never seen Suleiman not in control of the situation for the first time, and it killed me that it was all because of me.

"Tell me, Venom, who do you love more? This woman or Scarlett? Oh wait, I am forgetting Kashish," Armaan hissed, pointing the gun at me.

"Is this all because of, Kashish?" Suleiman taunted.

Kashish?

What did Kashish Ahloowalia have to do with the situation? Why did Armaan drag her into the conversation? The headache that surged through my skull from the hit made it difficult for me to think straight.

"I loved Kashish, but you had to ruin everything," Armaan's voice strained, and his free hand fisted on his side.

Armaan loved Kashish!!!

The revelation was enough to knock all the air out of my lungs. I remembered my first meeting with Armaan and the expression on his face when he pointed me out how close Kashish and Suleiman were standing to each other and told me their history. Reflecting back, I realized I didn't notice his expressions in my misery. The hurt I felt seeing Suleiman with another woman blinded me to the jealousy and hatred reeking from Armaan.

How could I be so naive? How did I miss the longing in Armaan's eyes for Kashish?

"You will pay for getting between Kashish and me," Armaan pointed his gun at Suleiman, and my heart leaped into my throat. I screamed in bewilderment, "No."

Suleiman motioned me to stay calm. How could he be so collected in a dire situation as that? Wasn't he afraid Armaan could kill him?

The revelations boggled my mind.
If Armaan loved Kashish and Suleiman loved Scarlett? Then what transpired between Suleiman, Kashish, and Armaan?