Chapter 36

Mishal

 I went in search of Wardah. I knew she got upset over Huzaifa's reaction. The moment he joined our conversation, Wardah's stance changed. She looked alert and ready for a challenge. Wardah was a strong girl, but Huzaifa was no less. Both weren't the ones to back down from any fight. 

  What Huzaifa did today came as a blow to Wardah. He had been toying with her from the moment they met. Huzaifa was engaging her in a mind game, and I feared she was falling for his bait. 

 I found her speaking to Fahad in a secluded corner of the hall. They looked good together, and I hoped their match would strengthen the ties between the Vipers and Dubai. Wardah looked upset while Fahad tried to cheer her up. 

"Mrs. Suleiman," Fahad smiled, pushing to his feet as I approached them. 

 "Mr. Nuaimi," I gave him a polite smile. 

 Wardah looked at me; she had a wearied expression on her beautiful face. I glanced at Fahad, who appeared to be having the time of his life. It was pretty clear he was smitten with Wardah. It didn't come as a surprise to me. She had all the qualities to bring men to their knees. 

 "I hope you are enjoying your trip to India," I said to Fahad. 

 "There is no reason not to enjoy my trip when I have the best of the company," his gaze flitted at Wardah, and a smile broke on his lips. 

 Fahad seemed whipped already. I hoped Wardah would agree to the match. Her dynamics with Huzaifa had been a cause of concern for me since I had walked on them while they were kissing. 

 "I will join Venom," Fahad gave us a nod before he left. 

 "The guy is whipped," I announced, settling on a chair beside Wardah. 

 Wardah didn't reply and seemed engrossed in her thoughts. The situation between her and Huzaifa was getting out of hand. I wondered if I should have notified Suleiman about what happened at Saima Di’s anniversary celebration. 

"You shouldn't waste your time thinking about him. He doesn't even deserve a second of your time," I pressed Wardah’s shoulder in assurance, "he is just trying to get a reaction from you by demeaning your hard work," I added when she remained silent. 

Wardah sighed, then raked her fingers through her hair. 

 "I know, Mishy, that Huzaifa Ibrahim is the last man I should be wasting my time on. But what he said today was right. I don't think I could ever build my identity on my own. The name of my brothers will follow me wherever I go," Wardah looked more affected by Huzaifa’s remark than I imagined. 

 "Come on, Wardah, don't let him in your head. That man is the most manipulative and cunning person I have ever known. He thrives on other's weakness, don't ever let him get to you," I took her hand in mine and rubbed my palm against her in a comforting way. 

 "You know what, Mishy? You are right. He is trying to get to Venom through me, and I will be damned if I let him succeed. He knows very well how much Venom loves and adores me, and he wants to use me to get back to him. I will be damned if I let him succeed," Wardah declared in a determined voice. 

 I smiled at her. I was sure I wouldn't have to worry about Wardah. She understood the game Huzaifa was playing with her, and she was capable of handling it herself. 

 "I am hungry. Let's grab something to eat," I said, pushing to my feet and pulling Wardah with me. 

 "I hope they have 'Chapli Kabab' on the menu. They were a disaster at the last wedding I attended in Delhi," Wardah said, pouting.