Chapter 30

 Suleiman 

I stepped into the penthouse and found Mama and Mishal asleep in the living room while a classical movie was running on the television. 

Mishal was sleeping in a sitting position with her head resting on Mama's lap, who was asleep in her wheelchair, "This is the first time these four walls don't seem empty but feels home to me. I guess I was right this morning about kitty being a witch. Her magic has started working," I noticed Osman smirking at me, giving words to my thoughts.

I can't deny that it was the first time that Mama might have fallen asleep while watching a movie after getting paralyzed. It was not the medical attention she needed, it was this homely feeling and loving care to get back to life. I walked towards them and gently pulled Mishal in my arms, gesturing for Osman to take Mama to her room and put her to bed. 

Mishal stirred in my arms while I carried her to the bedroom after Osman wheeled Mama to her room. She peeled open her eyes and looked at me with sleep-filled eyes which turned a shade of pink. 

"You are home," she whispered in a sleepy voice with a gentle smile then asked, "did you have dinner?" 

"Don't worry, Osman and I can manage," I gave her an assuring look. 

She rolled her eyes at me, then indicated me to place her on the floor. But I changed my direction and headed to the dining room with my eyes still locked with hers in my arms. I placed her on my chair gently and went to the kitchen to heat the meal she prepared for us. 

"You stay here, I will bring the food," I instructed her, she just woke up and she would need some time to get out of her haze. 

Mishal nodded in her signature annoying way, but the difference was that it didn't feel that annoying to me anymore. I was getting used to everything about her with time. I walked into the kitchen, filled our plates with the food, heated it in the microwave for a few seconds, and returned to the dining room. 

Mishal was sitting with a confused expression on her face, reminding me that it was the first time I did anything like this for her. The moment she sensed my presence, she smiled at me in appreciation. I returned her smile placing one of the plates before her while settling on the chair beside her. I gestured for her to start eating to which she smiled. We finished the dinner in silence but it was difficult for me to remove my eyes from her. From the moment I found her asleep beside mama, I couldn't stay indifferent to her. 

"Is the dinner not according to your taste ?'' She asked me gently and it took me a few seconds to process what Mishal was asking me as I was way too busy staring at her instead of having dinner. 

I cleared my throat getting a grip over myself, " No, it's completely fine." I answered her with a blank expression.

Before I could continue my conversation, Osman settled on the chair adjacent to me with a plate in his hand and then smiled at Mishal. He started narrating his day to Mishal which annoyed the fuck out of me.