Chapter 8

             Thanks, Ishita for this edit 😘

Mishal

   I turned off the shower and stepped out of the stall. Picking up a towel from the stand, I wrapped it around my body and walked to the sink. Picking up the bottle of deodorant, I sprayed it on myself. I looked in the mirror and was startled to find red marks on my neck. I looked again at my reflection carefully, it was not my imagination.

   Hickeys.

    Suleiman had given me hickeys? Was this his super plan to avoid suspicion? I felt like an idiot right now. What the hell was I thinking when he marked my neck?

   "Mishal idiot, " I cursed myself twice in two days.

    Suleiman was messing with my mind. Last night he refused to sleep with me. Okay, not him, it was me. It was our mutual decision not to consummate the marriage. I can't blame it on him alone.

   This morning he woke me up, hovering over me. When I screamed, he covered my mouth and scolded me like I was a bothersome child. I agree he is ten years older than me, and maybe had a lot more experience than me, but I am his wife. He should treat me as an equal, not a child.

    He looked at me like I was an annoying child. He is not my father to scold me, because I screamed at him for scaring me to death. How was I supposed to know about his intentions? If a guy climbs on top of a girl, it means he wants to sleep with her. At least, that's what I watched in movies and read in books.

   If he was some special case from a mental facility, it was not my mistake. Giving me hickeys was his way of convincing the ladies. How dumb? He doesn't have any idea what kind of questions women ask. They could even leave the FBI behind.

   I would have refused to discuss my wedding night with any of them, but now the show he had set for them, will only add to their curiosity.

   He had touched me without my permission, and I was not going to forgive him for that. I had nearly gotten a heart attack when I found him on top of me. I slipped into my clothes huffing and puffing and walked out into the room. It was empty. There was no sign of Suleiman anywhere.

    I was thinking of calling Di when my eyes landed on a small gift box placed on the bed. I looked at it astonished. Had Suleiman left this for me? I walked to it and opened the box.

   There was a beautiful necklace on it. The chain was in platinum, and so was the pendant. A large sapphire was at the center, and the patterns around it were shaped in a way to form the name Suleiman in Arabic, studded with diamonds. A stunning piece of handcrafted jewelry. I turned over the necklace to see "Mine" inscribed on the back.

   I should have been thrilled. Instead, I was scared to the core. This was not a declaration of love. It was the claiming of his territory. That was what I was for him, a precious possession. I know Suleiman won't hesitate to kill a man if he lays a finger on me.