Chapter 35

Suleiman 

  "You okay, Pigeon?" I asked Mishal, who had her dainty hands wrapped around my biceps. 

"Uh-huh," she replied, giving me one of her shy smiles. 

We came to Delhi for the wedding of a prominent Industrialist's son. Wardah and Salahuddin had accompanied us to the wedding. The media named it the biggest wedding of the year. The bride was the daughter of a Union Minister. 

We had been here for more than an hour and still hadn't met half of the names on the guest list. Mishal stayed by my side while Salahuddin made sure Wardah stuck to him. It was Delhi, the territory of the Diablo, and no one amongst us wanted to lower the guard. 

We were in discussion with a few politicians and Industrialists. Ushna's father, Meer Sikander, was one of them. He was looked at with great respect in the corporate world—Ushna and his were along with him. The reason was apparent. She was here for Mishal and Wardah. 

I introduced Wardah to all the prominent personalities at the Wedding. Her Civil Services examination was approaching, and I wanted her to make a name in the circle so when she became a part of it, she would have contacts in the field. 

  Salahuddin and I were confident she would clear the examination on the first attempt. Wardah was a genius. A lethal combination of beauty with the brain. I had great expectations from her, and she never disappointed me. 

We had a coalition recently with the Boss of Dubai Mafia, Fahad Al Nuaimi, and he looked forward to strengthening ties with Vipers and had shown a clear interest in Wardah. 

  Salahuddin didn't have a problem with it. He knew well that marriages in the mafia world were for convenience. Salahuddin knew what was expected of him as my right-hand man. Wardah, on the other hand, could prove to be difficult. Till now, she hadn't objected to the match after meeting Fahad a couple of times, so it was a done deal for now. 

  Fahad was among the guests at the wedding; he had specifically flown to Delhi just for the sake of meeting Wardah and getting to know her better. He tried hard to woo her, and Wardah looked comfortable with his advances. 

  The hall filled with a sudden buzz, and I didn't need to look at who the center of attention could be. Only one man in our circle generated such murmurs among the elite. I kept speaking with Ushna's Dad when the devil blessed us with his presence. 

"Suleiman, it's a delight to see you in Delhi," Huzaifa addressed me after greeting the group.   

 Huzaifa looked immaculate in a black tuxedo. His hair messily arranged, giving him a freshly fucked appearance. His smile lit up his devilishly handsome face. 

"Pleasure is all mine, " I gave him a tight smile. 

  To my delight, Huzaifa didn't say anything further and joined us in our conversation along with his brother Yahya. The topic of discussions kept changing, a few people joined and left the group, but Huzaifa stayed. 

"I couldn't understand why wardah is not attending Ivy league even after getting accepted in two Ivy League schools. Why is she so determined to stay in India?" Meer Sikander asked Salahuddin. 

"What can I say? I have insisted on her choosing between Yale and Princeton, but she didn't budge even after Suleiman's long lectures. She is too obstinate about her dreams, and for now, any Ivy League school isn't on her dream list," Salahuddin looked at Wardah in admiration. 

"So, why did you choose to join civil services?" Fahad asked Wardah curiously. 

 "I'm not obstinate, just determined to take Bhaktiyar Baba's legacy forward. Since my childhood, after my parents' demise, Bhaktiyar Baba's humanitarian ventures fascinated me enough to take the same path even if my brothers were busy conquering the business world. I want to take Bhaktiyar Baba's ideologies forward by extending his humanitarian projects with my own," Wardah replied politely, and my chest swelled with pride.