Chapter 21

Thanks, Ishita for the beautiful edit 😘

Suleiman

    I watched Mishal's back as she left, something was definitely off with her. I wanted to find out what it could be, but I had more pressing matters at hand in the form of Armaan Peerzada. 

Armaan and I had been business rivals for months. I had successfully acquired a few contracts from right under his nose which Armaan had desperately wanted. Since that day he held a grudge against me and it had only increased with time. 

  People like Armaan were proud and I had bruised his ego. I knew he was trying everything in his power to destroy my business but it was not going to happen as long as I was breathing. 

  "An alluring woman, your wife is," Armaan spoke.

  I looked at him with a questioning gaze trying to understand what he was implying here. If he thought he could provoke me by passing comments at Mishal then he couldn't be more wrong. 

  "I know," I replied. 

  "Tell me how it feels to be married to such a young woman?" He asked.

  "All women are the same to me, some can be less annoying, some can be more," I gave him a cold reply. 

  "We were getting along well until you came," he took another jibe. 

  "Mishal can be pleasing when she wants to," I smiled at him. 

   He was wasting his time trying to provoke me because that was not going to happen. Mishal was my wife but it will take more than an eighteen-year-old to bring Suleiman Khan to his knees. 

  If the world was looking for my weakness they won't find it because I will never let them. Mishal was important to me, I desired her but I won't let anyone hurt me by using Mishal. 

  "See you then," Armaan left with a curt nod. 

   I joined the other guests and went through the ceremony with my usual calm persona. Though Mishal's behavior was worrying me, I was in no hurry to find out. She was a teenager with temper tantrums, a spoiled brat to be precise. Jahangir Shah had spoiled her too much and then had married her off to me getting rid of his baggage and increasing mine. 

  The next few days went as I had expected, with Mishal giving me the silent treatment. She was the same through Sidrah's reception. Her behavior was annoying the fuck out of me. I could only tolerate it to some extent. If she thought she could manipulate me by such behavior then I was sorry for her. 

  Nicholas Pereira was already enough to spoil my mood with his Gorillas tactics these days. I couldn't let Mishal's behavior affect me, things were getting pretty ugly these days and I needed to focus on the syndicate rather than my wife.