Final Chapter

*Daniel *

I stood beside Sophie as I watch her sleep, It was already passed eleven, we are currently in the hospital and I already called her parents. I didn't tell my family what happened because I didn't want them to get worried.

I had already changed into casual clothes, a blue shirt and dark grey pants. While she still had her clothes on, without the hair tie though. And that's because the doctor said that we can go home as soon as she wakes up.

I was so scared when the incident happened, so many thoughts rushed through my mind and it made me restless. But after the doctor examined her, he told me that there was nothing to be worried about, she's pregnant and she kept it from me.

I just stared at her, as she was sleeping, she looks so peaceful and innocent, only that she's not so innocent. I can't believe she hid something like that from me, and not just her, even her parents did. It broke my heart just knowing that they were gonna leave without letting me know about my child.

I raked my hair, as I tried not to think about this too much. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it. No wonder Mr Makun gave me his company with no worries, because he knew that his daughter has an heir for me, and so the company was still gonna be secured by his leanage, damn! He's so smart.

But why didn't they tell me though? Don't I deserve to know about my own child? This is so messed up. I shook my head at the thought, and just then, she opened her eyes, she frowned at her surrounding before her eyes landed on me. I just stared at her blankly, she sat up carefully as she placed a hand on her belly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, she had this little guilt in her eyes as she nodded.

"I'm okay" she replied, her hands never leaving her belly. Her eyes followed my focus on her flat belly, she immediately removed her hand, and I spoke.

"Oh no, no need to do that, you don't have to pretend anymore because I know everything" I said and she was stunned.

"What? You didn't think the doctor would tell me about it? You see, unlike you, he told me because I'm your husband but what about you huh? All you do is tell lies after lies, after lies and you're so good at keeping secrets as well" I added, and by now she was already in tears and I immediately regretted my actions, the doctor did say that she doesn't need any stress.

I was kind of surprised at her action right now, I guess what they say about pregnancy hormones are true, they make you emotional. So I immediately calmed down my nerves and I went to her side.

"I'm sorry, okay? I really am, I didn't mean to upset you, I shouldn't have said that. God I feel so horrible" I said the last part more to myself, and she calmed down a bit.

I sat on the bed beside her, and she didn't push me away which was good, I guess she really needs the comfort. And I took her hand in mine as I gave it a light squeeze, she placed her head on my chest.

"I'm sorry" I said as I kissed her forehead lightly. And then she spoke,

"No, I'm sorry, I should have told you about it but I just couldn't. I didn't know if you would still want to be with me or not. And I didn't want you to come back to me just because of my pregnancy, and so I decided to let it be... "

"No, I would never do that to you Sophie, what's there not to love about you? You're amazing, you are every man's dream, but nonetheless you should have told me about it, I have the right to know, and trust me I wouldn't have forgiven myself if you had to go through this pregnancy alone" I said and she wrapped her arms around me, then I spoke

"I'm sorry for everything Sophie, please don't leave, give me a chance to make things right. Give me a chance to be a part of our baby's life, please" I said, but she remained quiet.