Chapter Forty Four

*Sophia*

"And why should I talk to you about my affairs?" I asked, she shrugged

"Nothing personal, just wanna chitchat" she said, making me scoffed.

"Please Vera, it's not like we're best of friends, and I realised your intentions for me that day you blunted out my marriage to Teddy, that's so cruel of you... "

"Yeah yeah I know, so tell me your reason for being with Daniel... " she was saying and I cut her off

"What's with the questions? It's almost as if... " I was saying and then a realisation hit me. "Wait, you like my husband don't you?" I said looking amused at her, she glared at me while trying to keep her cool "Oh my God, that is so... Pathetic" I finished while slightly glaring at her, with that I made my way to the door and her words stopped me.

"Tell me why you are with him Sophie, he's not in your league, you are a type to settle for more and not for someone like him"

"Well what I do with my life or my husband is non of your business, and so if you want your share of him, you'll have to wait until I'm done with him. Because as you know," he's not in my league" like you say" I said Air quoting the word not in my league,

"Thank you Sophie" she said smiling, making me look confused, and then I left. She didn't think I was serious was she? How can someone that beautiful be this desperate? she would do anything to get my husband, what a whore. She totally ruined my good mood.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After that annoying scene with Vera, Teddy practically begged me to go see dad and he wanted to come along, I couldn't decline because he has already done so much for me. He wanted to talk to dad about the competition, it seems he hasn't given up yet, and so we did. We were now in my father's house, Teddy was in the living room waiting while I went upstairs to talk to dad.

And now we're in his room, talking, he was so angry that I brought Teddy here, he was going to call the security because he doesn't like bringing visitors to the house especially when it has to do with work. After begging him countless times, he finally let it go, I just don't know why he dislikes Teddy? I shook my head at the thought.

"But where's Lillian dad? I didn't see her in her room" I said frowning a little, he sighed.

"She's on a vacation"

"What? Are you sure it's the same Lillian? Because I know she hates vacations, and I know she doesn't like leaving you alone" I said and he raised and eyebrow at me

"Really?"

"Of course, we all know she likes you, but instead you chose Mimi over her" I said while rolling my eyes, he chuckled.

"I broke up with Mimi" he said and my eyes almost bulged out.

"What?"

"Yeah, and this time we're done" he said

"But why? What happened?" I asked and he glared at me

"Stop acting like you care, I knew you never liked her"

"Yeah but still, I actually thought that she was your final choice, tell me what happened dad" I said

"Leave me, I don't want to talk about it" he said and I scoffed

"Dad don't tell me you're heartbroken, is that why you're in your room alone?" I asked, with a smirk on my face.

"Come, you this girl you are becoming something else oh, anyways why are you together with that man? What about your husband?"