Chapter Seventeen

* Daniel *

"I didn't know you still came back last night" Jaff said, we were at the gym it was located beside the boys quarters. And no I wasn't excersing, I didn't feel like it, I'm really exhausted as it is. The boys were doing some weightlifting and I just sat on a chair, on my phone, I wore a dark grey long-sleeved shirt and a red trousers.

"Did you guys see what's going on between Binta and Teddy? Omo e shock me" Mike said, and Jaff chuckled

"As in, the babe chop liver die!" Jaff added, I remained quiet. "Guy won't you say something?" I knew he was referring to me but I ignored him.

"And to think that we all thought she liked Danny boy!" Mike said and they both laughed, these guys can be frustrating.

"But what happens to Vera nau? Why is Teddy like this? She's a better package than Binta 100 percent!" Jaff said

"Mad oh!" Mike added and they laughed again. Just then, we heard someone cleared their throat, we looked at the direction of the door to see Binta standing there, with her arms folded on her chest. She was wearing one of Teddy's shirt again and a blue geans shorts.

"How pathetic can you all be?" she said bitterly, "I can't believe you are here busy gossiping about me and your boss" she said, getting irritated.

By now, the guys weren't exercising anymore, they both stood side by side with their head bowed down, I wonder why they're acting scared right now. My phone started buzzing, it was  Sophie, my heart skipped on seeing her call alone, I hope everything is okay. I moved away from the whaling of Binta, and answered the phone, despite her telling me not to.

"Hello... " I said but she remained quiet, what happened now? "Please say something, you were the one who called" I said and I heard her sigh.

"That's because I'm so speachless right now, your family is something else, I never imagined my life this way... "

"Just tell me what happened Sophie" I cut her off

"I haven't eaten anything since I woke up," she said, and I chuckled, "This isn't funny Daniel"

"And when did you wake up?" I asked

"An hour ago... "

"What? In my mother's house? And she let you?" I asked, I was totally surprised, my mom would always wake everyone at home at exactly 6 am. One of the reasons why I left.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just surprised that's all, it's unlike her" I said

"That is not the issue here Daniel, I need to eat something, I'm so hungry" she whined like a two year old, at least she's talking to me now.

"Why haven't you eaten? I'm sure they cooked something already" I said

"That's because I can't eat it, I hate swallow, I'm craving a good meal right now, and I need money for it." she said, anytime she calls it's always about money, which I don't have right now by the way.

"Please Sophie" I pleaded while looking back to see if anyone was coming, "Please bear with me and eat what they cooked, I'm really broke right now, and I don't want to resort to borrowing money from anyone.. "

"You can't be serious right now are you? What did you expect when you decided to marry me? You are now my husband and I expect you to be able to provide for me, why are you being so mean to me?" she said the last part like she was now in tears. I ran a hand through my hair, she just doesn't get it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad, I'll see what I can do right now.. " I said and she cut me off again

"Don't see what you can do, just do it for God's sake! " she said, I was about to say something but then, she hung up.