Chapter Thirty One

The next day...

*Mr. Makun*

"Of course Rachel, I'm sure she's good" I said to my ex wife who has been bugging me about our daughter. Does she realise that it's early in the morning here in Nigeria? My phone was on speaker by the way.

I was at the dining area about to have breakfast when her call came in. I totally forgot that she would complain about so many things, else I wouldn't have answered the call. Lillian sat beside me, putting butter on her bread. She looked a little odd today and she hadn't said anything either.

"You know, I feel like coming over there just to make sure that everything is fine with her." she said and I noticed that Lillian looked up at my phone on the table, "I can sense that she's not totally fine, something is definitely up" she declared, and I sighed

"And I'm telling you that she's fine Rachel, please don't start, It's too early. " I said,

"Anyways I'll let you know if I decide to come visit" she said, I can't believe that she totally ignored what I just said. "Bye!" she said and hung up, I shook my head at her, my daughter took after her mother.

"Can you imagine? After all this time, she suddenly wants to be a mother to Sophie" Lillian said and I just stated at her. "I can't believe this" she shook her head and continued eating.

"You know, if someone told me that you can say what you just said now, I would slap the person" I said and then she started feeling a little uncomfortable, "When did you become this way Lillian?" I asked her

"I don't understand sir, I thought you hate your wife, I'm just stating the obvious that's all"

"First of all I don't hate anyone, and second, no matter what happens she's still the mother of my child, and she deserves some respect, do you understand that?" I scolded and she looked down,

"I'm sorry sir, please forgive my childish behaviour?" she pleaded, not looking at me. I took a deep sigh,

"it's okay, I mean we all make mistakes don't we?" I said and then I stood up, she looked surprised by this.

"Sir your food" she said

"I'll just eat out I'm running late" I said and with that, I left.

I always thought highly about Lillian, I saw her as a complete wife material ever since she started working for me but I couldn't tell her that though, I didn't want to push her away. I lately figured that she has feelings for me and I found out by letting Mimi live here with us, which made me notice how jealous Lillian can get.

And so I was thinking of asking her to marry me straight away, but these few days I've noticed other sides of her that I didn't see before. I can be very picky when it comes to women, I just want someone that is close to perfect and so far, it has been disappointments after disappointments. Anyways, let's just wait and see, things might turn out well.

I sat in my car and my phone started ringing, it was a call from my secretary, she can be a pest sometimes. I sighed deeply and answered the phone

"Yes, what is it this time? "

"Sir, Mr Daniel is at the office, he's waiting for you sir" she replied

"Oh, I totally forgot, you know what, tell him to wait for me I'm on my way" I said and then I hung up. The driver started the engine and we left.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

*Sophia *

It was Monday morning already and I was all prepared for today's schedule, I wore an army green fitted short gown, I wore a cream, light jacket on top, I tied my hair and it fell on my back and then I wore a simple matching green sneakers, it's all I love to wear these days.

I haven't really conversed with anyone except for Angel of course, since Daniel and I had that fight, I don't know what to do with him for now, so I let it be. I just want to do what makes me happy, I don't care if Daniel goes against it, he can't stop me, I picked up my cream bag, I was about to head out when Angel walked in.

"Hmm, this your outfit will knock people down today oh," she said and I laughed

"Don't flatter me Angel, I'm running late already" I said looking at my wristwatch.

"Oh, you have test this morning?" she asked, and I contemplated whether I should tell her or not.

"No, actually I'm going somewhere entirely different" I said.

"Hmm, where? Because I don't think it's with my brother " she said

"No, you're right about that. I'm going to hustle, one needs to make ends meet you know" I said and she raised her hands up in surrender

"Yeah, I agree with you, all the best dear" she said and then I hugged her, "And have fun" she completed, and then we broke the hug

"Sure I will" I replied and with that, we both left the room.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

I took a deep breath as I made my way into the building, I keep getting this stares from everyone, I wonder if there's something wrong with what I'm wearing? I shook that thought away, took bold steps. Soon, I met the receptionist and see directed me upstairs, she told me that they're waiting for me, I became a little nervous because I was already late.

A nice guy was kind enough to show me the board room, we both stood outside at the door, he knocked on the door, the faint chattering died down as we heard a "come in" He opened the door for me and I went in. I noticed Daniel standing close to those friends of his, as soon as he saw me he bacame dumbfounded. At that moment, Teddy stood up excitedly and came to my side, he engulf me in a hug which I didn't expected and I hugged him back. After breaking the bug, and then he introduced me to everyone, I had a small smile on,

"Good morning," I said, and only few replied, not that I care actually. He beckoned for me to follow him, he then sat at the head of the table, I noticed an empty seat beside him.

"Please make yourself comfortable" he said smiling at me, I smiled back and sat down.

I sat opposite a beautiful woman, her blue, dyed hair in a ponytail, I noticed that she kept on looking at me like trying to comprehend what was going on. That was when I noticed that bitch called Binta seated beside me, I couldn't understand why she kept on glaring me actually, rude much!

I have to admit that the meeting was really boring, they talked about the upcoming video and the producers agreed that I was perfect for it. They also talked about venues, the rest of the crews, the cars and all that, and after an hour and a half of torture, the meeting finally came to an end