Chapter Nineteen

* Sophie*

"What do you mean by you are not going? He clearly said that everyone should be there" Daniel said, trying to hold in his anger.

"You all can go, I don't feel like going there. I mean why should I after he abandoned me in this... " I stopped myself from saying what I had in mind.

"Please let's go my son, we can easily cover up for her" Creapy woman said, she wore what must be her most expensive yoruba attair. I wonder why she's trying so hard? It's just a stupid dinner.

"Exactly, just do what your mother says" I said and he sighed deeply

"We're not leaving without you Sophie, so please go inside and wear something nice" he said and I scoffed. Who the hell does he think he is?

"And why should I change? Did you buy any of the clothes for me? Just who do you think you are huh?" I said getting irritated,

"Please Sophie, let's just go, we're already late" Angel said, looking worried. Uurgh! Why does she have to interfere?

"Alright I'll go, just because of you " I said and a smile played on her lips, and I faked mine.

"Wait oh," Becky said, while moving towards us, "Didn't you come with a car?" she asked  and I noticed that his mood changed,

"No, I didn't" he replied,

"But why not my son?" his mother asked

"Nothing mama, I already called for an uber so he should be here shortly" he said, and I rolled my eyes at this situation. His phone rang and he answered,

"Hello? Yeah we're coming now" he said and then he hung up.

"Let's go, he's here" he said and then, Becky went back to lock the house, while the rest of us made our way to the uber. It was a black Toyota corolla(2019)

His mother got in at the back, and so did Angel, Daniel opened the other door for me and I refused to go in. He looked at me confused,

"I want to sit at the front" I said

"And what is wrong with sitting at the back?" Creapy woman asked and I ignored her, "Will you get inside? Come your drama is becoming unbearable oh" she said and I just stared at my phone. I heard Daniel sighed and then he opened the front door for me,

"Get in then" he said and I got in,

"Oga it's getting late nau, I have other places to be" the driver said sounding impatient and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry bros, e ramain one person " Daniel said, looking back at the house for Becky.

"Ha! Oga your money go increase be that oh" he said, and I frowned, "You gats add 3k on top" he finished and I heard Creapy woman scoffed.

"three thousand on top what? Where is it done that way oga?" she asked and I wondered why they're so stingy? Are they that poor?

"Mummy it's alright, I'll give you 2k abeg" Daniel said to the driver and I shook my head at their poverty. Just then Becky got into the car, followed by Daniel, and then he shut the door.

"Oya na, no yawa, make we move" the driver said, he started the engine and then he drove off.

                  :::::::::::::::::::::

After what felt like forever, we reached Lekki phase 1, where my dad's main house was. The driver stopped in front of the house, and we all got down, creapy woman and her daughters kept on gawking at the place ever since we reached the estate. It got a little annoying actually.