Chapter Twenty Four

A week later...

                     *Sofia*

My life right now feels like... hell! I've continued going back to school, which was very stressful because it was quite far from this house. I didn't have much money either, and I didn't want to ask anyone for it, not even Daniel.

Although if he gave it to me, I would accept it of course, and which he did few times. My mother in law and Becky had been a pain in my neck, we kept on having petty fights. Some of them were because, I came back home late from school some times, I don't help out with the laundry, or do the dishes. I just keep to myself most times when Angel is not home, I also discovered that the twins have HND certificates in Public Administration, which was pretty impressive.

I have to give credit to Mrs. Akindele for putting lots of efforts in her children's education, well not that I will tell her that though. And yeah I continued buying junk foods, my only issue is that very soon I'm gonna run out of cash because of it.

It was afternoon and everyone is at the shop, she sells Provisions by the way. I laid down on the couch in the living room while chatting, there wasn't any electricity and my room was very hot, so I decided to stay in the living room. I heard a knock on the door making me frown, I wonder who that might be? I stood up and went to open the door, it was the last person I ever wanted to lay my eyes on, Mimi.

"Hi Sophie!" she said excitedly, and I stopped myself from slamming the old door on her face.

"What are you doing here? How did you even find this place?" I asked, looking confused. She was wearing a blue gean knee-length trousers, a golden crop top and blue heels. And I wore a black short gown, my braided hair fell on my back.

"Urgh! My dear, it definitely wasn't easy to locate you for sure, this place didn't seem to be on the map, damn!" she said sounding sarcastic, and I glared at her, "Aren't you going to invite me in?" she asked in a sweet tone, I opened the door wider and left her there, she followed me in.

"Please leave the door open, I'm gradually suffocating" I said and sat on the chair, and continued chatting. She sat on the couch next to mine, while taking in her environment.

"I still can't believe you sleep here" she said out of the blue, "Sophia Makun! living in this house, wow! Indeed the lord can do anything" she finished, making me look at her direction.

"Are you done surveying the place? Now please leave" I said to her

"Oh please Sophie, don't tell me you're still angry about the last time. Ok I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said all that to you" she said, and I sighed

"What exactly can I do for you Mimi? I know there's something you want"

"Of course not, I just wanted to know how you're doing. After all I'm going to be your future step mother... "

"Ok let's not do that, please?" I said getting irritated by her. "And when do you plan on giving me my balance?" I asked

"What are you talking about... "

"Don't test me Mimi! " I warned and she raised her hands up in surrender.

"Ok fine, I have it with me. I just had to bring it along because I was so sure that you'll need it." she said, opening her bag. "I knew that Daniel was poor but I seriously never imagined he lived here" she said, and I frowned.

"Why? Do you happen to know him before?" I asked, and her body stiffened a little but then she immediately braced herself and handed me my money.

"What? Of course not! How is that even possible? You know me Sophie, I don't do broke guys" she said, but I wasn't buying any of it. I collected the money from her and kept it beside me.