Chapter Forty Three

*Lillian*

There! I finally confessed how I feel about him, but he didn't look that surprised, I can't believe that I finally stood up to him and pour out my heart to him, I just hope that it ends well. He just told me how he got divorced and it made me feel sorry for him, at the same time I'm happy because at least I have a chance now.

"Oh my, I'm sorry for boring you with my past" he said out of the blue,

"It's nothing Sir, I'm always here for you..."

"You know what? I think you need a vacation" he said, cutting me off guards.

"Sir?" I asked, because I wasn't sure of what he just said.

"Yeah, you do. Just go somewhere and have a good time, meet people, have fun and live your best life, I'll take care of everything. And I think I know the perfect place for you to.. "

"I'm not going anywhere Sir"

"Why?"

"It's my decision Sir, what I need is right here with you" I said and we were both lost in each other's eyes, after a while he spoke

"Uhm, I'm sorry Lillian but we can't be together, we just can't... "

"Oh really? Is it because I'm not classy enough? Or I'm just not good enough for you? What do those girls have that I don't?" I asked as I felt my eyes get teary, he simply shook his head. "Tell me I want to know, at least I deserve to know"

"You are a perfect package Lillian, a complete wife material, the type that every man prays for, including me but I just don't deserve you." he said

"What? No, you do, I don't mind I'm not complaining... "

"Please Lillian, I just can't do that to you, you deserve more. You deserve to be happy, you deserve a man that is worthy of you. And I know that as soon as you step outside of this house, you will find him, you have locked yourself up here for so long that I now regret it everyday for not stopping you."

"I'm not complaining.. "

"You didn't have to, because I can see everything. You deserve more Lillian, so please, no arguments, just decide where you want to go to." he said and I shook my head, he continued

"And I promise you that once you do, you will find real love and experience true happiness, you will forget me in an instant " he finished with a smile, he lightly patted my shoulder and then he left.

I felt my world stop, is this really happening? I thought I had a chance when I learnt that Mimi was out of the picture? What am I going to do now? How will I heal from this? I took a deep sigh as I thought about it. Maybe it's time to let go, maybe it was never meant to be, I guess it's time to move on... as it is I can't go against his decision, now that he's trying to send me away, I knew I had no chance... I knew I had lost him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*Sophia *

"Wait, you're joking right?" I said over the phone to Becky.

I sat on my comfy couch in my living room, I was wearing a peach shirt and a black short, my hair in a high bun. It's already dark and Daniel isn't home yet,

"I'm very serious oh, I was also shocked" Becky replied, I massaged my neck as I thought of the situation. They put the phone on speaker apparently,

"I really don't know what to say right now, I mean I haven't witnessed this kind of situation before. How are you feeling now Angel? I hope you haven't given away any sign of the pregnancy to your mom?"