Chapter Thirty Five

.                    *Daniel *

The director call it a wrap, everyone cheered for them, but I felt so numb at the moment, I didn't know what how to react right now. I just stared at my wife as everyone wanted to shake hands with her, some wanted to take pictures with her and Teddy.

Just then our eyes met and she was about to come towards me when someone grabbed her attention again, not being able to endure it anymore, I left the building. I went outside at the parking lot and started hitting the wall, I've never felt this much rage before.

"Hey, Daniel take it easy" Vera said from behind me, she came forward and stopped me. My knuckles were all bruised right now. "What's wrong with you? What happened?" she asked and I just stared at her.

                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::

We sat in a small ice-cream shop nearby, she was having some by the way, I was in no mood for ice-creams right now. I felt ashamed a little for my behaviour a while ago, I just hope she doesn't push me to tell her about it. I just stared at the table, feeling blue.

"Okay this problem of yours must be really big if this beautiful place is not enough to distract you. I'm in total awe with this place right now" she said with so much excitement.

She wore a black short gown and an orange jacket, her blue hair in a ponytail and she had her glasses on, she looked so beautiful. I wore an all black shirt and pants, she brought me out of my thoughts.

"Enough about that, tell me what's up with you?"  she asked and our eyes met,

"Nothing, I just... "

"Don't even say those words to me Daniel, come on talk to me, I thought we were friends" she said cutting me off, like she always do. I breathed out, "Talk to me" she added

"You won't understand Vera, it's kinda complicated" I said in a low tone. I wasn't angry with my wife, I guess I just got.. Jealous.

"I saw the way you looked at them earlier, it's obvious that their connection affects you. You like her don't you?" she asked, I wanted to say something but she spoke again,

"Or is it that maybe you guys sort of dated in the past?" she asked, sounding unsure and I chuckled. "That's it right?" she exclaimed excitedly, while hitting the table, this made some people turn to our direction. I just shook my head at her with a small smile, she cleared her throat and adjusted her glasses.

"But that doesn't mean that you should feel bad about it, I mean you guys are over now. It was all in the past, but I'm so surprised that you can't get over her."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked looking amused at her, and she shrugged.

"Well that's because you are a playboy, and you usually date women without getting attached to them." she said like it was the most normal thing in the world, leaving me astonished.

"Is that really how you see me all this time Vera?" I asked, she became speechless, "If I'm nothing but a playboy to you, why do you want to help me so much? Why not let this man that has broken a lot of women's heart to suffer? Why?" I asked, and she just stared at everything else but me.

"I just feel like helping you that's all, and just so you know I won't beg you anymore, I'm done with that, those days are long gone. The competition is next next month sef" she said, and I just stared at her.

"I'm only surprised that you let yourself get attached to her, and now you're hurting. But I can't blame you though she's irresistible" she added making me chuckle, "I won't be surprised if Teddy decides to marry her"