Chapter Forty One

*Sophia *

Dumbfounded was what I felt at the moment, I didn't see this coming at all, how did she find out? I'm sure Daniel told her. I just stood there and stared at her, with a small smirk on her face. I felt Teddy's presence beside me, as he stared immensely at Vera, who simply crossed her arms on her chest.

"What kind of expensive joke is this Vera? Why would you say such a thing... " he was saying and she cut him off,

"Oh please Teddy, I only asked a question, no be person I kill" she retorted, as she rolled her eyes, and then she turned to me. "Or did I say anything wrong?" she asked me, I breathed out and shook my head with a small smile.

"Of course you didn't, and he's totally fine with the video" I said, and then I kept a straight face, "He wasn't angry at all" I finished and she smiled.

"Well that's good to know " she said, while Teddy just stared from me to Vera with a confused look.

"OK can someone tell me what's going on here?" he asked sounding frustrated, he turned to me, "You're married?" he asked

"Yeah I am, is there something wrong with that?" I asked, and Vera replied,

"Of course there's nothing wrong with that, there is nothing wrong with being Daniel's wife.. " she was saying and Teddy cut her off, but her eyes still focused on me

"What? " he yelled, and she continued

"But the way you hid it made me wonder why? Are you ashamed of your husband?" she asked, and waited for my reply and I couldn't believe my ears right now.

"And why do you care so much? What's there to be ashamed of?" I asked and she shrugged

"I don't know, you tell me" she replied,

"Well I certainly don't owe you or anyone else an explanation.. " I was saying and she replied

"I kind of think you do" she said and I rolled my eyes at her

"I'm really shocked right now, why didn't you tell me that you are married to Daniel? And he didn't say anything either" Teddy said

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys, it's just that the question never came and we wanted to keep things professional between us here at work"

"But still, you should have told me" he said

"I'm sorry, if you want me to leave right now, I'll go" I said

"Of course not, it's fine okay? It's cool. Let's go to the bordroom they're waiting for us" he said and I nodded, with that we left.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After the meeting was over, Teddy and I stayed behind as we talked about the work ahead, we sat across from each other. It was settled, I am now an ambassador for this huge brand that makes organic skin products. They're launching a new product this month and they thought that I will be perfect for the job.

It is going to be a three days photo session, and I'm so excited, I no longer care about what my dad has to say about this, I'm living my life. I was in cloud nine right now and the pay, is totally worth it, however I noticed that Daniel was nowhere to be seen throughout the meeting. I thought he would be back from where he went to but he's still not here.

"Congrats Sophie, you are going to do great" he said to me bringing me out of my thoughts, I smiled.

"Thanks Teddy, I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me" I said

"Hey it's cool, I mean why shouldn't I help you anyway I can? You are also helping me with the competition if I'm not mistaken." he said, and I felt the colour on my face disappear. "You talked to your dad right?"