Chapter Thirty Two

*Daniel *

A while later, Sophie left and I took it as my cue to talk to Teddy, he had no right to do what he did today. I went into his office and saw him and... Binta? Wow! This girl just don't know when to pull back. They both stood up and I closed my eyes trying to erase what I just saw.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have barged in like... " I was saying and Binta cut me off,

"Yeah, clearly " she said, she walked pass me by hitting my shoulder and then she left. I heard Teddy chuckled at that, he sat back on his chair comfortably.

"So Daniel, what can I do for you?" he asked while swinging his chair from left to right, I was now standing in front of him. "Aren't you going to sit down?" he asked

"I'm sure you already know why I'm here Teddy, OK fine, you got me. I didn't want you to meet her because of some personal reasons" I said and he smiled, "And I'm sorry but she can't do that video" I completed and he didn't look affected by what I said

"Daniel my friend, it's like you're forgetting something here, I'm your boss and I can do just about anything I want. How could you even lie to me about not knowing how to reach her? That's just cruel man, I thought we were friends " he said, acting like he was hurt. He stood up and walked to my side,

"And who are you to make decisions for her huh? Just so you know, she already signed a deal with me, so she's definitely going to be in my video" He stated, and I sighed.

"What exactly do you want from her Teddy, there are many other women out there, why her?" I asked

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You and I both know that there's more to this whole video crap" I said and he laughed

"Oh please Daniel, you should know me by now. She's not my type" he said and I knew he was lying, but it made me feel a little better.

"OK then, I'll take your word for it" I said, I turned to leave but then he stopped me.

"Why didn't you tell me who her father is?"

"It wasn't in my place to disclose that information " I said,

"The same way it's not in your position to decide anything for her, do you understand that?" he asked

"Of course " I replied and with that, I left. I'm having a bad feeling about this whole thing, it's obvious that he's not aware that we're married. I wonder why his goons didn't tell him that? Not that I care, one thing I know is that I will never forgive them for betraying me the way they did.

                ::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was 7 pm already and we were all going out to the club to celebrate since Sophie signed a deal with us. I haven't had the chance to talk to her since morning because she didn't answer any of my calls.

At the club, everyone was having a good time, even Vera was here. We both sat at the bar and I noticed that she was kind of avoiding my gaze, what's up with her? Teddy and his crew sat at the VIP area and unfortunately, Sophie was there too. He kept on boring her with his talks, you could tell that she wasn't Interested just by looking at her face.

"You've been looking at them for quite some time now, why is that?" Vera suddenly asked, and I shook my head.

"It's nothing really, I'm just worried for her that's all"

"I know right? It's so obvious that he wants her in bed " she said, making me feel uncomfortable, over my dead body.

"Can someone tell me who the hell is that girl? How dare she steal my man this way?" Binta suddenly said out of nowhere, she was standing beside us, and Vera simply drank her wine.