Chapter Twelve

*Sophia*

I handed my phone to him and he stared at the picture, he frowned at it, and then he moved the phone furthest from him to get a clear look at the picture. Lillian sat on the next couch at my dad's left, while I stood in front of them, my hands behind my back, I was a little nervous to be honest.

My dad swiped left and right to see more pictures of him, I guess, he scoffed, he looked at me and then back the picture again. He showed Lillian the phone and asked,

"I'm sure you know him, is this him? " he asked, Lillian moved closer to look at the picture clearly and then she nodded yes.

"That's him Sir" she confirmed and he nodded, he gave me back my phone and I heard him sigh deeply.

"Anyways, I finally understand that you can't force a child, especially in this generation to do what they don't want." he said and both Lillian and I, looked at each other surprised. "I almost lost my daughter because I want to form a strong alliance with the Adebayos, who them epp sef? " I heard my dad say, it's the first time I heard him speaking in the Nigerian way.

"I find it hard to believe that you, Sophia, love someone so much that you planned on committing suicide if he wasn't in your life. And so, as your father, I want only the best for you " he said looking at me, I kept a blue face, while deep down my heart was filled with joy, I felt like dancing."You see this young man you just showed me? " he asked and I nodded, "I swear, you will marry him. Even if it's the last thing I do on earth!" he said.

I had a huge grin on my face, I couldn't be more happier, I turned to Lillian and she looked so happy as well. She stood up and came to engulf me in a tight hug, I hugged her back. After breaking the hug, she said

" I'm so happy for you Sophie! " she said and then she turned to my dad, "Thank you Sir, this is so kind of you" she said still smiling, my dad just smiled without saying anything. I quickly went to sit beside him and hugged him tightly, he patted my back lightly.

After breaking the hug, I stood up and wanted to go to my room, but my dad stopped me again. What could possibly be the matter this time? Oh I know! Maybe he wants to pray for me or something. I turned to face him,

"Where are you going? We aren't done yet " he said, and I frowned, "When I said that you are going to marry him, I meant it. And that wedding will take place today gan gan" he said, my smile disappeared, and so did Lillian's. She then try to laugh it off

"Wow, Sir you got us there. We almost believed what you said" she said in between laughing and he stood up.

"Do I look like a type that jokes? When I say something, I mean it! " he said, and then he turned to me, "Call him to come here right this instant! I want to meet him " he said, and I gulped. Oh dad! If only you knew how pathetic your daughter is going after a man like a hawk! If only you even know how many times I've called him just today alone.

"What are you waiting for? Do as I say young lady" he scolded and I rake a hand through my hair.

"He's not returning any of my calls dad, we had a fight"  I told him and he laughed.

"Really?" He asked looking amused, then he turned to Lillian, who can't seem to comprehend what is going on. "Are you sure that this is the same Sophia we know? So there's actually a human out there in this world that can get you all worked up" he said, and I refrained myself from rolling my eyes at him, I can't believe that he's making gest of me.

"And he's even ignoring you? No he's a real man. I definitely need to see him today, at least he should come and take his wife along with him, give me his number " he asked, his phone was already in position.