Chapter Fifty One

*Sophia *

I arrived home hours ago and mom was the only one at home, I told her everything and of course she was pissed at first, but then she later felt sorry for me knowing that what I went through that night was horrifying.

I have already settled in my old room, everything is still the way I left it and my puffy eyes wasn't that evident anymore, what a journey it has been, I still remember that night I got married to Daniel in this house. I've had so many memories within these couple of months and now I'm back here again.

I was now seated in the living room, I took a deep sigh as I drank some water, mom was so engrossed with this stupid TV show, while I'm just here lost in my thoughts.

"Oh my God! that did not just happen" she yelled bringing me back to earth, I decided to go upstairs when dad walked in looking pissed.

"And what is this I'm hearing?" he asked as soon as he came in, mom stood up and went to his side, and I stood up as well.

"Hi dad" I said, and he just stared at me. He's probably upset that I didn't prostrate to him but I really can't do that right now.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, and mom rolled her eyes, she beat me to doing that first.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Ehen, talk I'm listening" dad said, I remained quiet, we were all seated in the living room now. I sat beside mom while dad sat on another couch alone. "The driver told me that he went to get all your things from your husband's house this morning, why is that?" he asked, I shrugged

"We had a fight" I said casually, mom just scrolled through her phone, she knew very well that with her here, dad couldn't do anything about my return home.

"And so? My friend will you go back to your husband's house and fix your home? All these while that you both have been fighting, why is it that this particular one made you leave your home? " he asked sounding upset.

"Well that's because he said some things that got me pissed, he called me all sorts of names and the rest I don't want to talk about. Truth is, I'm done with that marriage dad there's no going back, right now I just want to focus on myself" I partially lied.

" First of all, Daniel would never do that, he's a lot of things but he'll never call you names and even if he truly did it, you must have done something that justifies his actions. Go back to your home Sophia... " he was saying and mom scoffed,

"Isn't it funny how you trust your son in law more than your own blood.. ?" she asked while looking at dad,

"Continue pressing your phone madame, don't get involved in this!" dad yelled,

"And why shouldn't I? It's my daughter we're talking about here.. "

"This is my problem with you, why do you always have to side with her blindly...? " he was saying and she cut him off.

"And am I supposed to side with you?"

"Really?" he asked, "Didn't you see your daughter's face, and how it's looking? she's not telling us the whole story and you want me to... "

"Oh please Wole, stop yelling, I don't like it when you yell. Gosh some people just don't know when to quit old habits" she said and I chuckled, making dad to glare at me, oh I missed this. He turned to mom,

"Sorry oh, my mother, now you are the one to tell me how to behave in my own house right?"

"Of course I will if I see the need to... "