Chapter One

* Sofia *

At exactly 7 am, I was ready for school, I'm in my final year and the section just began. It is cold in Lagos, so I wore a blue gean jacket and pants, and a pink sleeveless inner top. I packed my hair to one side on my shoulder, and then I made my way downstairs. I met my dad sitting in the living room making a phone call, he's always busy and that's because he owns a huge successful record label here in Lagos.

He is in his early fifties and he's still very agile and can be very strict especially with me.
I grew up in America with my mom she's an American, and yeah, they're divorced. She's now married to someone else and I didn't want to live with them, so I came back home to my dad, that was four years ago. He's a no nonsense kind of person, he says that my mom spoiled me too much and that's why I'm so stubborn but I could care less about what he thinks, and I still do as I please, I shrugged at the thought. I waited for him to finish the call, after he was done, I said

"Good morning! " I greeted cheerfully, but he only removed his glasses and kept it on the table, he looked at me from head to toe and I mentally rolled my eyes at him, knowing what he meant.

And so I got down on my knees and greeted again "Good morning dad" I said, he sighed and I blinked my eyes rapidly, smiling. He raised an eyebrow at me and glared at me, I laughed and stood up.

"I'm off to school dad" I said looking at the clock on the wall, I brought out my iPhone 11 pro, He looked at me suspiciously,

"Madam, today is Saturday. " He said, in his Nigerian accent, he doesn't even try to fake it. He's a bonified yoruba man, if that's even a word.

"Exactly dad, we have an extra class today and it's a must to be there."

"Hmm." he said suspiciously, he started scrolling through his phone.

"Alright, you can go. " he said after a while, I still stood there and he turn to look at me again, "Madam, why are you still standing here? " he asked, I tried to look innocent, even though I know that it doesn't work on him.

"I'm out of cash daddy" I said, and he stood up,

"What? " he shouted and I flinched, I tuck in some strands of my braids behind my ear" What about the 100 thousand naira I gave you three days ago? " he yelled, Crap! Why does his memory have to be so sharp? I just stared at my fingers, I was fiddling with them.

"I'm talking to you Sofia! " he said, I on the other hand regretted asking him for money. I didn't even know what I did with all the money.

"I'm sorry dad, I truly am" I managed to say, but I only received his glare. I know he doesn't hate me, he's just trying to make sure that I don't go wayward like other spoilt kids, if only he knew that I don't care about him trying to raise me the right way.

"Sorry for yourself, you will trek to that school today " he said and sat down on the Sofa. I took slow steps out of the living room, I kept on turning back to see if he would call me back but, for where? as they say around here. The only thing he said was,"And don't you dare take any of my cars!"

                 * Mr. Makun *

I sighed in disappointment at my daughter's mischief, the way she still make me yell, one would think that she's a twelve year old child, not knowing that she's more than 25. She's so irresponsible even after everything I've done and still doing to bring her up the right way. The only thing I'm impressed with is her studies, even with all these misbehaviour she still gets good grades. I have so much money to spend on her as she is my only child, but I won't do that until she proves to me that she has changed for the better.