Chapter Five

*Mr. Makun*

This daughter of mine is giving me a headache, I still cannot believe that she defied my orders yesterday. And now she came and kissed me good morning like everything is okay, this girl! She wore a light peach, short dress and white boots, her braided hair fell on her shoulders. And I wore a white senator's wears like I always do, We were currently at the dining table, it was passed 7 am.

"Good morning Sophie! " Lilian greeted her excitedly while dropping a tray of tea on the table, I couldn't stop myself from glaring at Lilian.

"Good morning Lilian, " she replied smiling and Lilian returned the smile, she sat down across from Sophie, while I sat at the head of the table. I cleared my throat.

"So between you and Lilian, who is supposed to greet the other? " I asked Sophie, and She shrugged.

"Dad, anyone can. It's just a greeting, it's no big deal" she said like it's the most normal thing in the world.

"Oh really? " I said and she nodded, "Well, that is how it is done in America, but you see this house, you must greet your elders whether you like it or not! " I said and she groaned, I continued, "And you must do it with respect, as a yoruba child, you must have complete home training. It's not me you will disgrace outside" I said.

" Come on dad, why are you making a mountain out of a mole? It hasn't gotten to that. Look if this is about yesterday, then I'm... "

"Don't even say those words because you don't know the meaning of it. You are alway sorry and you don't always mean any of it " I said the last part standing up. Lilian looked surprised at my actions.

"You haven't eaten your breakfast Sir" she said,

"I lost my appetite " I said and with that, I left the dining area. I have a lot to do as it is, why waste my precious time on that annoying child?

                      * Lillian *

I sighed deeply as he left without eating his breakfast, how will he work in an empty stomach? Oh well, I'll just bring some lunch to him later in the office. I care so much about him, I don't ever want to see him in any discomfort, I love this family so much, they are all I have in this world.

If you still haven't figured it out then yes, I love my boss. I know I'm not supposed to, but I couldn't help myself, he's so much older than me and I still don't know what I see in him anyways. I guess love is always like that, you just love someone for no particular reason. I couldn't bring myself to let him know about my feelings, I didn't want him to start treating me differently, and as it is, he has a girlfriend who he so much adores.

I've worked for him for a very long time, since I was 24. I've spent a lot of time working for him, that I didn't know when I started having feelings for him. I loved everything he loved, And when his daughter came back, we grew attached to each other naturally.

I taught her the basics she needed to learn in Nigeria, even when she couldn't eat our food, I would go online and try out different recipes for her, this made her dad so angry. I laughed at the thought, but now she can eat almost everything except swallow, she hates them. And she would always tell me everything, all her worries, and now that I think about it, she has started hiding some things from me, like that guy we saw yesterday.

"I'm off to school Lily " she said standing up, and I stood up too.

"Let me drop you off, I need to talk to you " I said, I've lost my appetite as well.

"I need to go with the car, or else how will I return? " She asked,

"I'll come pick you up! Come on let's go, i just really need to talk to you " I said, dragging her hand out with me.