Chapter Fifty Two

*Sophia *

Today is the final competition and it's for the young artists, music! I am really excited and at the same time nervous for Daniel, I wonder if he's 100% ready for today, after all the hurt I've caused him, if he's unable to perform well today I will never forgive myself.

This morning I mustered the courage to send him a text, wishing him good luck, he didn't reply but I hoped he knows that it's from my heart. And right now mom is seated on her favourite spot and so is my mother in law, while dad was taking care of things in the backstage since it's the last day. I'm just so happy that both families are still on good terms even after Daniel and I broke up.

The show already started and I decided to go see everyone including the participants at the back stage. I wore a yellow floor-length gown, and my hair was in a hight bun and I put on a pair of white sneakers.

As I reached the back stage, everyone was just busy doing their own thing, and just then I saw Daniel talking to Vera, their conversation seems to be very deep, they were happy.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*Teddy*

Right now words can't describe the kind of anger I was feeling at the moment, is Mr Makun kidding me right now? How can he promise to put me in the finals and then doesn't fulfil it at the last minute? I still had bruises on my face, I had to put on makeup to hide it. Daniel has no idea on what's installed for him.

"Can you please sit so that we can talk about this?" Mr Makun said, we were in his office, at the backstage, the show is about to start but I could care less about that right now.

"I can't sit, I really can't sit down right now, you told me that I shouldn't worry, you said that I should just be a part of the judge, and that you will put me in the finals." I said angrily, and he shook his head.

"Can you sit? And let's talk about this properly" he said, and I reluctantly sat on the chair across from him and then he spoke.

"Fine, I admit that I owe you one, so here you go" he said as he handed me a slot, and I scoffed.

Flash back..

"This is so annoying Vera, the finals is tomorrow and nothing has changed" I said to Vera, we were in the boardroom alone.

I was pacing back and forth thinking of what to do, while she sat down with a satisfactory smile on her face.

"Come on Teddy, why don't you just give up already?"

"Never" I said.

"OK, so what do you want me to do about this?" she asked and I stood in front of her.

"I heard you have a slot with you"

"No I don't... "

"Don't lie to me Vera, I know you do" i said and she smirked.

"OK, you're right, I do. So what's in it for me?" she asked,

"what do you want?"

"Fifty million" she said, leaving me speechless.

"You can't be serious Vera" I said sounding upset and she stood up, she was now standing in front of me. She spoke,

"Truth is you are actually the last person I'd give it to, but since you need it so badly, just pay up. Come on Teddy, don't be stingy, one billion is wide "

"Okay, I'll give it to you after I win... "

"You can't be serious right? How stupid do you think I am? OK, just because of old times, give me 30 and transfer the rest after you win" she said with a smirk, she's such a devil.