Chapter Twenty Seven

*Sophia *

"Tell me what you meant by that Sophie" he said angrily and I looked away. "Of course it's normal for you to become speechless, just stop this please, all these fights, it's not worth it, things between us doesn't have to be this way" he said

"I never said that I wanted any of these did I? But you brought this upon us, and now you will have to suffer for it," I said and his eyes became teary, I continued nonetheless, "until you decide to let me go, that is" I finished and he looked at me shocked.

"I didn't come home for a few days because I thought that you could use some space, how can you say this to me so casually?" he asked and I scoffed.

"What? Should I be scared to tell you what's on my mind? And do you really think that I believe what you just said? How can I be so sure that you weren't with your mistress all these days huh? Work my foot!" I said and he ran a hand through his hair.

"What are you taking abou... "

"Oh I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, gosh I can't believe I've been such a fool, I let you full me again" I said out of realization, he tried to come to me but I moved back.

"Sophie I really don't know what you are talking about, where is all these coming from?" he asked and I glared at him. I saw his mother and his sisters were now standing outside the house, I angrily walked pass them back into the house, leaving them perplexed.

::::::::::::::::::::::

"Come on Lillian, please pick up, pick up." I said while pacing in my room, I untied my hair and let it fall at my back, this house has suddenly become stuffy for me, I really need to talk to someone. I wonder what made him come back home, he should just remain where his mistress is, crazy pervert!

*Daniel *

My relationship with my wife is one that I always prayed for, but I didn't want it to be this way, and I'm so scared of letting her go, I love her die I swear. Since we weren't seeing eye to eye, I decided to give her some space, but I guess my efforts were totally useless.

I was now sitting in the living room alone wondering what possibly happened here, why is she being this way? And why would she think that I'm cheating on her? I'm so broke that I don't even want to look at another woman, she's all I want, I just hope she realises that. I felt someone's presence beside me, I turned to see that it was Aunt Shola, there's electricity by the way.

"Oh Aunty, good evening, how are you doing?" I asked and she smiled at me lovingly.

"I'm fine oh, it's been a while, how's work?" she asked

"It's going great, how is your family, you didn't come with junior why?"

"That one? Abeg, I'm here to have some peace, only for me to see that there isn't much of it here at home. What's up nau?" she asked, and I sighed.

"Aunty nothing oh, I'm just here, trying to make my marriage work" I said and she sighed

"Hmm, I see! I've met her, she's very beautiful by the way. " she said, making me smile

"Yeah she is... And I'm sorry I didn't come to see you all these while since you came.. "

"Oh it's okay, don't bother yourself, I understand. With a wife like your's one needs to hustle like.... " she was saying and I chuckled

"As in enh... " I said, and we both laughed. And then everywhere became silent for a minute.

"Are you happy?" she asked all of a sudden