Chapter Twenty One

*Sophia*

I went back to my room and thought about how my life had twisted, a tear rolled down my cheek. I sat on the bed, and my phone started ringing, it was my mom, we haven't talked for a while and now is not a good time mom, So I hung up.

I thought about what Lillian advised me to do, there's no way I will ever get along with them, except for Angel at least. The phone rang again and I ignored her calls, I wonder what she wants now? After a while, I received a message from Lillian that my in laws are about to leave, so I decided to go downstairs.

I came out of the house and saw everyone there, I walked to where my dad was and saw a shocked Daniel and an uncomfortable Mimi, just then I heard dad say,

"We all saw you going out to answer your phone call, hope the network allowed you to talk to the person?" He asked and Daniel nodded, I noticed that Mimi let out a sigh of relief.

"Come hear Sophie" my dad said, beckoning his hand and I did. We walked to the direction of the garden, we didn't say anything to each other, until we reached the garden, it was very beautiful and the light bulbs on the walls made it more beautiful.

"What is this about?" I asked him, folding my arms and he sighed, he placed his hands in his pockets, he was wearing casual clothes.

"Sophie, Sophie" he said my name to himself, smiling, and I just stared at him blankly "Sophie will always be Sophie, isn't that right? " he asked while looking at me, and I simply looked away.

"How are you doing?" He asked,

"If you really cared about how I was doing then you would have called me since yesterday but you didn't. It's just proves that I'm not important to you" I said, and shook my head at the thought.

"And why would you say that? You are my only child... "

"I find that really hard to believe dad, how could you do this to me?"

"Do what to you exactly? I only made sure that you got married to the love of your life, the same person you were about to commit suicide for. I didn't want to lose my only child that's why I did what I did" he said, and I scoffed

"Really? Dad, are you sure that you didn't do this just to get me out of your life?" I asked and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"That's not true! Okey? And I had expected you to convince me harder that you didn't want the wedding but you didn't. So that made me believe that you truly love your husband." he said, and I shook my head at him

"I know you love him Sophie, so do your best and make your marriage work, don't look that he has nothing now, you never know what the future holds my child" he said and I just stared at him. "I can imagine how disrespectful you must have been towards them, so I want you to promise me that you won't do that again, you are better than that Sophia" he said, and to my surprise, he engulfed me in a hug.

"Just be good my dear, you can do this." he said, and I saw myself hugging him back, I didn't realise that I missed him until now.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting" we heard Lillian say, and so we broke the hug. "The driver is here" she said innocently

"Alright, we're coming" Dad said to her, she left and we followed behind her.

                  :::::::::::::::::::::

We reached home and thank goodness, there was electricity, Becky fell back on the couch with a big smile on her face, Mrs. Akindele sat beside her, I hadn't said anything to anyone since the ride in car. Angel went inside and so did I, Daniel was still outside on the phone with someone, I wonder who he's talking to?