Chapter Twenty Eight

*Daniel *

"I just want to know that's all" I said

"Oh so she has told you everything enh? You see that wife of yours, I'll make sure I set her straight" she said and I shook my head

"If you wanted her to be obedient to you, there are many ways to achieve that mummy, why deprive her of her money? What if she's in need of it? And you know that she'll never ask for it... "

"Shut up my friend! What do you know? Are you now teaching me how to train my own daughter in law? Someone that can't even hold a broom properly when she came, look at her now, she's good at it" she said

"And I'm not complaining mummy, all I'm saying is that you should please give her back the money, ejo." I said and she shook her head " Please mummy"

"It's ok, I'll give it to her" she said and this made me smile, "That is when I have it, I've already used out of the money" she said and my smile fell.

"Anh anh mummy, how much are we talking about here?"

"It's 250 thousand.. "

"Mummy!" I yelled

"What? I said I'll pay her back now, please allow me to hear word"

"It's alright, it's fine. And also there's something I would like to ask of you"

"What is it again?"

"Please she'll have to discontinue the fetching of water, that's too much"

"Tell me you are joking" she said and I remained quiet. "Ah! No Daniel, she has get you"

"Mummy forget about that get stuff please, how can my wife be fetching water? Please it has to stop oh, end of story" I said

"And so? what if she fetches water? What about your sisters that does it? How is fetching water a big deal? Is she not using out of the water?"

"Mummy please, let's just try and work something out here, all I know is that Sophie will no longer fetch water in this house. The stress will be too much nau" I said and she shook her head at my behaviour.

"If she can't do it, that means even your sisters won't be able to do it, so I guess we will have to start living without using water in this house" she said and then Becky added,

"Or better yet you will start bringing monthly allowances for buying water" she said out of nowhere

"I think that's a better idea my daughter" mom said and I sighed deeply.

"Ok fine, we'll do just that." I said and then I walked towards the direction of my room, not before adding, "You all should stop pestering her she's no one's maid"

I entered the room and saw her sleeping already, she must be so tired. The stress from home, the one she faces in school and also our relationship, I sat on the bed beside her, this made her stir a little. I promise to make you happy always Sophie, everything will be fine soon.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

I woke up the next morning and saw the bed empty, I wonder where she is, it's unlike her to be up by this time, and it's weekend. I checked my phone and saw that it was 7 am, maybe she's out fetching water again. I abruptly stood up and rushed to the door, only for me to open it and saw her standing there. She walked passed me and entered the room, she went to take her bath apparently.

"Good morning" I said to her but she didn't answer, "Until when will you stop being this way Sophie?" I asked and she just patted herself with a towel, totally ignoring me.