Chapter Two

* Daniel *

I sat on the chair in a small living room, in my late father's house, scrolling through my iPhone 11, I came to visit my mother and my only siblings Becky and Angel, they're twins. My mother is around 55 years and she is still very much strong. She can be very strict and bossy, that was one of the reason I left the house.

She hates lazy people and likes things done well and neatly. Speaking of the devil, she walked into the living room and sat beside me, I continued looking at my phone knowing full well that she's looking at me, she tied a wrapper (ankara) around her waist, and she also tied the scarf  on her head while she wore and simply blouse.

"Continue acting like you don't know I'm here." she said after a while, sounding a little angry. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply,

"What is it again mom?" I asked calmly knowing exactly what she was getting at, and she glared at me.

"Anyways, you still haven't bring any woman home, what are you waiting for? I asked you last night when you came and you quickly changed the topic. Well not today" she said, I felt so speechless right now.

"Mom, we already talked about this issue countless of times. I will bring a wife home once the time is right, please"  I tried to reason out, but she wasn't buying any of the things I said, she shook her head.

"No way, that was what you said when you were jobless last year. Now that God has done it for you this year, what's stopping you? " she said, I was going to say something but she cut me off,

"Even if it's a little wedding my son, a small gathering self, is enough, we won't invite much people o, rara(no). That is if the expenses is what you are worried about." I gave out a small laugh at what she said, I don't have a problem with a small wedding, but I can't say the same for my materialistic girlfriend.

When I think of settling down, she comes to my mind, I don't have any plans of tying the knot with any other woman, except her. I just don't know if it's the same on her part, especially if she finds out about the truth.

"And what's so funny with what I said? Do you think I'm joking Daniel? " she said the last part getting up, I stood up too. Both Becky and Angel were now in the living room, their hands crossed on their chest. They don't  like missing out on anything

" I have to go Mama" I simply said, I walked pass her and headed straight out. My sisters followed behind me, I got into my White Lexus, and they were both still standing beside the door, I whined down the tinted window,

"What is it? " I asked getting irritated,

"Money for our upkeep, " Becky said, stretching out a hand, she can be very controlling like my mom. " What do you mean by upkeep? I've already given Mama the money for that" Angel's jaw dropped, while Becky sighed in disappointment.

"Well you will have to give us another money, you know she won't give it to us. And I clearly told you the last time not to give her our own share of the money" she said all in one go, I sighed. Why is it that all the women in my life wants to rob me of the little I have? I brought out my phone and transferred, 30k to her account.

"Can I go now? " I asked, and they both stared at me blankly, they look nothing like each other.

" We haven't gotten the alert, bro" This time, Angel said, she was the calmest in our whole family. I wonder how Becky was able to convince her to be a part of this robbery.

"Are you kidding me right now? Don't you know I'm late already.. " I was saying, when Becky caught me off.

"Please it's okay Daniel, we both know that you are going to see that oyibo(white) lady in your phone." my eyes widened, "Yes, we saw her pictures in your photo last night. " ding! She checked her phone, "Oh the alert just entered, thanks big brother. " she said with a little smirk on her face.