Chapter Fifty Five

*Sophia *

I took a deep sigh as I went through my WhatsApp status, I just woke up and I felt even much better than before. The wedding seemed to be very nice, Becky was just posting pictures and videos, I wonder how she got the time for that?

My hair was all over the place, I haven't taken my bath, I just feel like a mess, this pregnancy wasn't going easy on me at all. Just then the maid, Brenda brought me some tea, she hasn't left my side since morning. She dropped the tray on the table as she served me some in a mug with a smile on her face, she reminds me of Lillian a lot.

"Thank you Brenda" I said, as I sipped a bit from it. And then I gave it back to her

"Please drink a little more, it will be good for the baby, please, ejo" she said it just the way Lillian would and I smile, and with that, I drank even more.

"I'm not supposed to be drinking this you know, but I love it so much right now" I said, when I remembered that it contains milk in it, she laughed.

"Is that the wedding you were supposed to attend today?" she asked, and I nodded

"Wow, it's nice. You can still go nau" she said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You think so? I haven't taken my bath since morning, my hair is a mess, and plus have you looked at the time? It's passed six" I said and she shrugged.

"Ehen? It doesn't matter nau. This is Nigeria, the party usually starts in the evening and have you heard of African time before?" she asked and I laughed.

"I'm serious, it's very normal here, and people do it all the time." she said and I shook my head at her, "Sometimes I love coming to the event last, it's just to make an entrance, and you'll see the way everyone's eyes will be on you" she added while demonstrating with her hands.

"OK I get your point, but still I'm not going" I said and she sighed.

"It's as if you're hiding from someone, your ex perhaps?" she asked and I remained quiet.

"I thought as much, see madam this is operation pepper dem. Go to this party and show him that you have moved on, let him know that he has long been forgotten, and by the time I'm done making you up enh? He'll remember the reason why he fell in love with in the first place" she finished, I chuckled. After giving it much thought I decided to go.

"Okay, let's do it." I said as I got off the bed and went to the bathroom. At least with this, Becky won't skin me alive when next she sees me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Right now, I'm in awe with the way I looked, Tina has magical hands. Who would have thought that she has such a talent? I'm all dressed up. My golden colour gown fits perfectly, and my hair tie was incredibly done, my dyed blonde hair was in a high ponytail, it fell on my back. I wore my silver color heels and I was ready to leave, I held my silver clutch.

"Wow, you did a really good job, it's beautiful, everything is nice" I said and she smiled.

"Thank you ma"

"And it's not so heavy.. it's nice, You shouldn't be here wasting your talents get a studio and start making money" I said

"I did my best, and you're already beautiful so I didn't do much. And I still have that plan ma, that's why I'm here" she said.

"Oh, that's good, when I get back we'll talk about it more" I said and she nodded.

I called the driver to get the car ready as we both made our way downstairs. "Just look, even my dark circles are gone, everything. " I said and she laughed, "You're amazing" I added.