twohundredninetytwo

Freddie and Zain's voices are the first thing he becomes aware of, Zain's soft and quiet and Freddie trying his best but growing louder in every other word.

Harry smiles, stretching and reaching out blindly, curling his fingers into Zain's jogging bottoms. Zain runs his hand over Harry's head, combing his fingers through his hair. Harry sighs, happy and contented to be back home, blinking his eyes open.

Zain looks back at him, nose in Freddie's hair as Freddie chats along to Paw Patrol, snacking some sort of fruit.

It still makes Harry's stomach flutter, even more now that he hasn't been home in so long. Not with both of them and no deadline to leave them behind again.

"Morning," he says slowly, yawning.

"Morning," Zain grins back.

Freddie blinks at him, surprised, before continuing his chatter about whatever it was Paw Patrol was saving today.

"What time's it?" Harry asks when Freddie takes a breath, pushing another piece of fruit into his mouth while he stares at the screen, transfixed.

"Almost 9," Zain says. "We're gonna go to the park in a bit. Do you wanna come with?"

"Yea," Harry yawns. "Give me a moment."

"Hm," Zain makes, brushing his fingers through Harry's hair and looking back at the screen when Freddie's calls his attention.

Harry smiles and closes his eyes, content.

🌱

"You've been quiet today," Zain says, slipping into bed beside Harry and kissing his shoulder.

"Hm," Harry says, pressing his face into Zain's neck. "Missed being home," he says, stroking his hands over Zain's belly. "Didn't realise how much."

"Missed you being here," Zain answers, cupping Harry's cheek. "Sorry we have to leave again so soon."

"No," Harry says, shaking his head and leaning up to kiss Zain a few times. "We're visiting for Eid and then we're coming home, that's different."

"If it's too much—"

"No," Harry interrupts firmly. "I want to see your family and I want to spend Eid with you. But I missed just being with you and Freddie and. I don't know. Not constantly wanting to make the most of it because I'd be alone again soon."

"Babe," Zain says, soft.

Harry smiles, kissing the corner of his mouth. "It's not that dramatic. I had fun without you as well."

"Don't know how," Zain says, kissing Harry's jaw. "Without constant updates on Paw Patrol and what the dinosaurs are doing."

"Yes, that was difficult," Harry says with a smirk. "No Legos to step into."

"Hm," Zain agrees, yawning into Harry's cheek.

Harry snorts, pulling Zain's hand to his belly. "Sleep, sleepyhead. You can go back to not getting up again now."

"That's nice," Zain agrees sleepily. "Do you wanna drive tomorrow as well?"

"Sure," Harry says, running his hand through Zain's hair. "You looking forward to seeing your family?"

"Sure," Zain says. "Haven't seen them in ages. Mum will cry when she sees you."

"Yea," Harry says with a snort. "I've really let myself go."

"Hm," Zain agrees, patting Harry's belly. "M gonna sleep."

"You do that," Harry agrees. "I just gotta pee again."

"Always peeing," Zain yawns, not moving when Harry slips out from beneath him. "You're leaky, babe."

"I don't think you've seen half of it," Harry says, watching Zain blinks slowly. He leans down to kiss him before pulling himself away. "Love you."

"More," Zain slurs, patting the mattress next to him in affection.

Harry snorts and kisses his hair again.

🌱

Remember when I thought I'd have this written before the end of Ramadan last year hahahahhaha 🫠🫠🫠