onehundredseventyfour

"Harry's home!" Freddie says, cocking his head like a bird before scrambling up to rush to the door. Zain looks at the house in front of him. It'd be easier and less time consuming to just finish building it, like he promised Freddie, and then start dinner than to deal with Freddie's pouts if he left it half finished. 

"Hey," Harry says, falling face first onto the couch, as Freddie settles back down next to Zain, pulling his legos towards him.

"Hi, babe," Zain says, putting another row of lego bricks on the walls. Just another few rows and it'd be high enough. "How was your day?"

"Awful," Harry says with a groan, turning onto his back.

"Yea?" Zain makes, tilting his head toward him.

"Just. Urgh," Harry says.

"That bad?"

"Just frustrating," Harry sighs. "Freddie says you haven't eaten, yet?" he abruptly changes the topic.

"Not yet, no," Zain answers. "I'm just gonna finish my house and then I'm gonna start."

"Alright," Harry says, amused, the frown on his face softening with his grin. "What are you building a house for?"

"It'a for my dinosaurs," Freddie explains. "They need somewhere to sleep."

"Why?" Harry asks, shooting Zain a look. Zain shrugs. He's not sure he's understood it himself but he's given up trying to follow Freddie's logic ages ago.

"It's cold outside," Freddie explains, like it's obvious.

"But you've had them ages. Where did they sleep before?" Harry says, crossing his arms and putting his chin on them.

"In the box," Freddie says, starting to root around his box of legos. "But it was just temprary."

"Temporary," Harry says absent-mindedly, reaching out to touch Zain's cheek. Zain shoots him a smile, tilting his head towards him.

"Yea," Freddie shrugs. "Don't distract Zain," he adds. "It's important to finish the house."

"Alright," Harry answers, pulling his hands back and raising them as if in surrender. Zain rolls his eyes again, grinning at him and listens to Freddie hum happily. Harry watches them tiredly, reaching back out to touch his fingers to Zain's shoulder. Zain kisses his fingertips, putting the roof on the house quickly and biting back a sigh of relief. Building was kind of fun but he didn't have Freddie's single-minded focus for it anymore and it got boring pretty quickly.

"There you go, monster," he says, stretching and watching Freddie pull the house towards him, inspecting it critically. "I'm making dinner, yea," he adds, kissing Freddie's hair as he gets up.

"Kay," Freddie says, distracted, but he doesn't seem to find anything to correct, turning his attention back to his own building.

Zain reaches for Harry, stroking his hair off his forehead. "You gonna come?"

"Yea," Harry says, attaching himself to Zain's back, pressing his face into his neck and hugging him around the chest.

"What's wrong with you?," Zain asks, closing the kitchen door behind them. "Usually you come home happy, even when the song's been frustrating you." Zain turns around and pushes Harry against the wall carefully, cupping his cheek and kissing him. "Hi by the way."

"Hi," Harry answers, tilting his head back to give Zain more access to his skin. "Dunno. Just."

"Hm," Zain makes, stroking his belly through his shirt and watching him frown.