twohundredeightyfour

the wife💛
Missed call

my love
9:41
overslept, sorry babe

the wife💛
12:09
Sleepy head xx
As long as you talked to Freddie, he's a bit upset
We can talk tonight

my love
12:24
yea, he is
lou'll be back sunday
love u my love

the wife💛
14:19
Love you too xxxx

🌱

Freddie's standing behind the door when Harry opens it, pouting. He's wearing one of Zain's shirt like a cape and his hair is a mess, a dinosaur and one of his pirate sword in his hands. He looks like he's had a busy day.

"You were gone all day!" Freddie glares like he's been waiting when he really could've have been.

"But you had fun with your grandma, didn't you?" Harry says, kicking his shoes off and leaning down to pick up Freddie to kiss him hello. "Hi baby."

He feels sticky with sand and a day at work but Freddie doesn't seem to mind, leaning his cheek against Harry's.

"We're you playing pirate?" He asks, pulling on Zain's shirt and letting his bag drop next to his shoes.

"Yes," Freddie says, waving his foam sword around. "Grandma was trying to steal my ship so I had to fight her!"

"Yea," Harry encourages him, carrying him into the living room where both Trisha and Anne are looking like they've had a busy day, sunk into the cushions.

He grins at them and his mum rolls her eyes back at him.

"We thought we'd go out for dinner," his mum says. "We walked past the cutest little restaurant earlier."

"Mum," Harry starts and then gives up, jiggling Freddie slightly to make him laugh. "When are we leaving?"

"As soon as you're ready," his mum says. "We're going as we are."

"Kay," Harry nods, dumping Freddie on the armchair dramatically and making him shriek at delight.

"Take your time," Trisha smiles at him, like she's worried.

Harry shoots her a proper smile. It's not that he doesn't like going out, he's just become rather hermit-like with Zain — and Freddie to consider.

"Toys," he says, jerking his chin at Freddie. Trisha nods at him.

"Where are you going?" Freddie asks, re-emerging from beneath the couch.

"Showering, baby," Harry says, letting Freddie grab at his jeans.

"I'm coming with," Freddie announces. "I have a new boat for the beach we can float it."

"I'm just taking a really quick shower, baby," Harry says, catching him before he can run up the stairs. "And then we're leaving to eat. Go pack some toys to take, hm. Where have you put your pens?"

"Dunno," Freddie says, undeterred. "The boat is really cool, mummy!"

"It's not gonna float in the shower, love," Trisha says, smiling at Harry conspiringly. "You can show him later properly, leave him to shower alone. We'll pack your new puzzle as well, come on. The one with the dinosaurs."

"Oh," Freddie says, hesitating.

Harry frees himself, trusting Trisha to keep him occupied with more lures of interesting distractions and another firm admonishment of leaving Harry be for a moment.