twohundredthirtyeight

Zain wakes up slowly, not quite sure where he is. Harry has latched onto his side, his breath washing across Zain's shoulder. He looks soft and relaxed, even though Zain knows he's been up twice to pee, stumbling back to bed with his eyes mostly closed. Zain had expected puking and nausea, but not the peeing.

He scrolls through his phone for a while, checking in with his mum and Louis, and posts another post on instagram, so Gemma won't come hounding him again. It's nice waking up before Harry for once, his snores soothing when they should be annoying.

He starts getting up to make breakfast, when his stomach starts growling and Harry moves a bit.

"Where're you going?" Harry slurs sleepily, reaching for Zain.

"I'm gonna make breakfast, babe. Stay in bed."

"Okay," Harry says and falls back asleep. Zain watches him for a moment, his slack face looking a lot better than yesterday. It settles some of the worry inside him.

Harry's somewhat awake when Zain get back upstairs, carefully balancing the tray. He blinks at Zain sleepily, latching onto him as soon as Zain slides back onto bed.

"Hi," Zain says, kissing his cheek.

Harry grunts in response and steals a piece of fruit, wiping his hand on Zain's pants.

"Babe," Zain sighs, a bit amused. "Don't use my underwear as a napkin, that's weird."

"You're gonna change them anyways," Harry answers drowsily, blinking.

Zain hums in agreement, watching Harry watch him.

"What is it?"

"You know how I said we should go on a date?" Harry says, taking a sip of juice.

"Yea?" Zain prompts when Harry doesn't continue.

"Can we not? I just want a bit of quiet and every time I leave there's paparazzi."

"Babe, if you don't want to that's fine," Zain says, leaning down to kiss Harry's hair. "You know I'm fine with whatever."

"Yea," Harry says, rolling his eyes slightly. "But you think dates are useless anyways, Mr Romantic."

"You know I'm more of an Abstract Expressionist," Zain yawns, poking Harry's dimple.

"Geek," Harry responds, sitting up. "And I think that's weak, Romanticism isn't Romantic. But I have a pool. We can use the pool. It'll be nice out again I think. I can teach you to swim."

"I thought you wanted to take it slow?" Zain says, letting himself fall back into the pillows with a groan.

"Yea, so?" Harry grins. "You suddenly gonna be a super swimmer and chase me?"

"I might chase you," Zain teases, poking his sides.

"You'll get to see me in those shorts you like so much," Harry says, leaning down over Zain to kiss his nose. It's obnoxious, Zain has to flick his nose in punishment.

"How about you just wear them around the house?" Zain says, mostly to watch Harry grin and roll his eyes. "Or you could put on some panties, that would be really nice."

"Maybe afterwards," Harry shrugs and grabs the bowl of oatmeal Zain's prepared for himself, leaving the yoghurt for Zain. Zain kisses his belly and doesn't say anything. He'll eat yogurt if it means Harry is eating.

🌱

Freddie's chatting a mile a minute on the iPad — apparently needing to tell Harry all about his breakfast. Harry is hugging Woof and watching Freddie, looking both happy and miserable. Zain will have to bribe Louis into letting them stay in France for a while. Maybe Louis'd give in after spending a while with Harry and his miserable face.