twohundredandseven

"Zain," Harry shakes Zain awake impatiently. He's probably tried a few times already. "Get up, we need to leave."

"Why?" Zain whines, pulling the blanket over his head, definitely sounding a bit too much like Freddie. "It's so early."

Harry tugs the blankets from his grasp mercilessly. "You can sleep in the car and on the plane."

"You can sleep the train and in the rain," Zain adds petulantly, forcing himself to get up after a glance at the clock. They're cutting it pretty close now and Harry must have let him sleep, knowing that Zain would like to sleep a bit longer.

"You're an idiot," Harry grins, the tendrils of annoyance in his voice fading away. "Go on, get dressed. I packed a few snacks for the car and we can have breakfast at the airport, so we can leave as soon as you're dressed."

Zain catches him around the waist and kisses him gratefully. "You're an angel."

"I know," Harry smirks, kissing Zain's cheek. "Go. And brush your teeth."

"Wow, harsh," Zain says, clutching his chest, but goes. He rushes through the morning routine, pulling on comfortable clothes Harry had made him select yesterday.

Harry's rechecking their bags, fussy and more nervous than Zain'd have expected considering how calm he's been about his own trip to the US.

"Everything there?"

"Yes," Harry says, shooting him a quick smile. "The car should be here any moment as well, let's go downstairs. I made tea it should be drinkable by now."

"So prepared." Zain pulls him close, cupping his cheek to kiss him. "Thanks, babe."

"One of us has to be," Harry shrugs, grinning mischievously and shouldering his bag. Zain grabs his own and follows him out.

It's still dark and quiet and they sneak down the hall, peaking in on Freddie. He's snoring quietly, dead to the world. Zain keeps Harry from going to kiss him, because sometimes in the morning that would wake him up and another drawn out goodbye with a tantrum really isn't something they need.

They barely made it down the stairs when Harry's phone rings, the vibration harsh in the quiet.

"Car's here," Harry says, pushing Zain towards the door. "I'll grab the snacks, can you take my bag?" Zain should probably object to being managed, but it's nice, not having to take care of things. He slips his feet into his boots ans grabs his jacket, pulling a hat on.

The morning air is biting and wakes him up further, cutting in its freshness. The car idling at the gate is loud in the silence with just the first rays of sunshine visible.

"What are you waiting for?" Harry asks in a hushed voice, like the tranquility of the morning might be disturbed.

"You obviously," Zain answers equally quietly as Harry carefully pulls the door closed behind them.

Perhaps it is the lack of sleep or the way everything is serene before people start their hectic day, but he already feels like he's on holiday, like Harry and he are the only two people in the world.

"Come once Harry says, linking their fingers and pulling Zain along with a peck to the lips.

🌱