twohundredseventythree

"Parting is such sweet sorrow," Gemma announces grandly before letting herself fall onto the armchair across from them.

"Shakespeare possess you or what?" Zain asks, looking up from where Freddie is explaining — in excruciating detail — what he has drawn in the week he's been away from Zain. "I thought you were leaving Sunday?"

"Yea, just feeling dramatic," Gemma shrugs, putting her feet up. "Fred, wanna go for a swim?"

Freddie giggles. "I'm Freddie," he says, like being addressed by a slightly different version of his name was the joke of the century. "Not Fred!"

Zain has to kiss him, his soft hair smelling like Harry's awful fruity shampoo.

"Oh, right," Gemma says like she forgot. "You wanna go for a swim, Fred-die?" she enunciates.

"Yea!" Freddie announces, halfway off Zain's lap before he remembers that he wants to stay attached to Zain for a while longer. "You as well, Zain!" he demands.

"Go ahead with Gemma, monster," Zain says, putting aside the drawings. "I'll grab my swimming stuff and be right behind you."

Freddie hesitates still, watching Zain for a second.

"I'll grab mummy as well, hm," Zain adds, leaning down to kiss Freddie's cheek. "Go ahead."

"Okay," Freddie says, grabbing Gemma's hand.

"So weird my little bother is mummy now," Gemma says, letting herself be dragged away.

Zain shrugs after her, putting Freddie's drawing back on the small coffee table. It was littered with Freddie's drawings, Freddie's books, Freddie's pencils and what looked like Harry's script with colourful embellishments by Freddie.

Harry's still stretching, the windows open and dressed only in his shorts.

"Hi," Harry says, surprised, looking up at Zain from between his legs. "Why are you upstairs?"

"Going in the pool," Zain says, running his hand over Harry's sweaty back. "You gonna join?"

"Yea," Harry nods, still upside down and red-faced, "just wanna finish stretching and rinse off."

He grins at Zain. "You gonna dare go in the pool without me?"

"Gemma will save me," Zain smirks back, changing quickly.

"Gemma will let you drown," Harry grumbles, straightening and stretching his hands over his head.

"Yea," Zain agrees, distracted by the long lines of Harry's body and the slight swell of his belly.

"Hi," he says, sliding his arms around around Harry.

"Hey," Harry says, laughing slightly as he hugs Zain back. "What's up, my love?"

"I think I should join you in the shower," Zain says, kissing along Harry's jaw. "You're supposed to rinse off before you get in the pool, no?"

"Sure," Harry says lightly, tilting his head back. "If that's your excuse."

"It's an excellent excuse," Zain responds, letting himself be walked backwards.

"Hm," Harry makes. "Let's be quick then, before your kid starts clinging again."

"I told him I'd bring mummy," Zain smirks, kicking his shorts away. "He knows you take ages."

"Zain," Harry scolds. He's smiling softly though, and kisses Zain's cheek as he leans past to start the water. "You mean he knows you're lazy."

"Never," Zain lies, leaning in to kiss Harry before he can respond.

🌱

short one (better than none)