twohundredtwentytwo

Harry wakes slightly disoriented. He hasn't felt like this in some time. It takes a moment to remember that he's at his mum's and sharing with Freddie and only Freddie. No Zain anywhere close by.

Freddie jerks again, about to wake up. Harry yawns and waits for it, smiling at him when he opens his eyes slowly.

He blinks at Harry and buries close right away, muttering sleepily. It still makes all of Harry's inside turn into mush. Harry hugs him back, kissing his hair, and wonders who taught Freddie about morning cuddles. It was probably Zain in an attempt to have a bit of peace and quiet for longer. But the result was adorable. Hopefully their baby would be as happy to cuddle in the morning.

"Did you sleep well, my love?" he asks, stroking Freddie's hair and hugging him tightly.

"Yea," Freddie says slowly, "I dreamt I was a bird. I was flying!"

"Yea?" Harry asks, rubbing his back. There is very little he loves more than waking up like this. Perhaps only having Zain here with them.

"Yes," Freddie nods. "I could see everything from above. It was cool."

"Sounds it, baby," Harry assures him, cupping his cheek when Freddie tilts his head back to look at him. "You ready to get up? Wanna do a bit of yoga?"

"Yea," Freddie nods eagerly. "I like it. Can we do in-bed yoga? Zain's not here so we won't wake him up!"

"Alright," Harry smiles, kissing his cheek, "you remember how we start in bed?"

"Stretching!" Freddie says and sprawls wide, stretching his arms and feet as far as they will go. Harry copies him, so very fond. He hopes he never loses this, feeling charmed by Freddie's every move. He's already dreading Freddie growing up and he kind of regrets ever making fun of Zain for it because way too soon Freddie wouldn't be his sweet baby anymore. It would break his heart.

He smiles when Freddie starts rolling around wildly, having given up yoga before he's properly started. Harry lets him and stretches his back out, pressing his face into the mattress that didn't smell of home and Zain at all, no matter how familiar it was.

Freddie is buzzing with energy through washing and brushing his teeth and dressing, humming to himself. They'll definitely need to go to the park later, exhaust him a bit.

His mum is already in the kitchen, cutting up fruit. She smiles at them when Freddie bursts in, scrambling onto the closest chair, apparently remembering he had been here before and could behave like he owned the place.

"Good morning," Anne smiles. "Did you sleep well, loves?"

"Yea, mummy snores," Freddie says.

"We did, mum. Good morning," Harry answers a bit more politely, kissing his mother's cheek in greeting. She is laughing a bit, amused at Freddie.

"Do you have strawberries?" Freddie asks, unbothered, looking through the fruit mum put on the table sceptically.

"No, not at the moment," Anne answers. "Why, love? Do you like strawberries?"

Harry holds back a snort, grabbing a bowl from the cupboard.

"I love them!" Freddie is all too eager to explain. "They are the best! We always have them at home because I love them so much!"

"Yea?" Anne says, meeting Harry's eyes. "Well. We can go to the supermarket and buy some later. I need to grab some things anyways," she adds to Harry.

"Sure," Harry nods. He's still cautious about going out with Freddie or Zain, but he needs to work on that. It wouldn't do to become a recluse or develop anxiety about it. Going to the supermarket with his mum would be fine. "We can go together. But I wanna go to the park a bit. Play football, yea, baby?"