twohundredfifteen

"Good morning," Harry says, looking up from his iPad.

"Zain!" Freddie greets him, looking up from his drawing eagerly.

"Morning, monster," Zain greets him, kissing the side of his head a couple of times. "What are you drawing?"

"Another monster. Mummy likes his, but now daddy wants one," he explains long-sufferingly, not pulling away like he usually does.

"Yea?" Zain asks, hugging him tightly. "Can you draw me one as well, hm? I don't wanna be left out."

"Alright, I guess," Freddie sighs, beaming.

Zain kisses him again, so incredibly fond of him. "Thank you, my love."

Freddie shrugs, and pulls away, done with cuddling. Zain lets him go, kissing Harry hello.

"Can you do to the shop right after breakfast?" Harry asks, quietly. "Please?"

"Sure," Zain says, his heart skipping a beat. "Let me just grab some toast. Do we need anything else?"

"I made a list. It's in the kitchen," Harry says, worrying his lower lip and looking at Harry with wet eyes.

"Hey," Zain says, thumbing his lip and freeing it. "Don't be nervous, babe."

"I'm not," Harry lies, shooing Zain away. Zain goes, ruffling Freddie's hair again.

Harry's put the shopping list prominently on the kitchen table, PREGNANCY TESTS (AT LEAST 5, ZAIN!!!) written in capitals in between cheddar and strawberries. He was awful at writing shopping lists in a somewhat orderly manner. Apparently, he was also awful at not overdoing things.

Zain stuffs the list in his pocket and pours himself some tea, lukewarm and a bit disgusting, grabbing a banana. They were a handy snack and more filling than a bit of stale bread, and he's not quite sure if Harry would leave him to eat in peace.

He grabs his keys and pulls on a jeans jacket. "I'm going," he calls towards the living room.

"Where!" Freddie yells, rushing up to him. "Where are you going?" he repeats, clinging to Zain's jacket.

"Just the supermarket, baby," Zain soothes him, rubbing his thumb over his cheek and kissing his nose. "You'll be fine with mummy, right?"

"Yea," Freddie says, looking up at Zain. It worries Zain a bit, to have him clinging like this. But then. He was the one always home, and usually they were only separated when Freddie was visiting Louis's family with Louis.

"I'll be back in a bit, baby," Zain repeats, tickling his chin. "And you'll be busy, drawing for your dad and me, huh? And you'll have mummy to bother."

"I never bother, Zain," Freddie grins. "I am an angel."

"My perfect angel," Zain agrees, kissing his cheek. "I'll be right back."

"Bye!" Freddie waves after him, banging the door shut loudly after Zain. He would be fine then.

🌱

"You're back!" Harry says, like he hasn't been hovering by the door.

"Yep," Zain says, holding up the smaller parade bag with the excess of pregnancy tests. The girl at the till had looked at him pityingly when he's paid. "Ready?"

Harry stares at him like he's not sure how to move.

"Go on," Zain says because now that they have the tests he's not just gonna chill. "I'll be with the monster."