twohundredandone

Zain rolls over and almost falls out of bed. It takes him a moment to remember that he's been banished to Freddie's room.

"So he actually kicked you out, huh," Louis says from the foot of the bed. "Didn't think he'd follow through."

Zain blinks at him, scrubbing a hand over his face. "Fuck off."

"Bit of a nasty surprise, to be honest. I was expecting my little monster not your ugly face," Louis continues, talking around the toothbrush in his mouth.

"Your monster was kicking me, I put him with Haz," Zain mutters, poking his toe into Louis's thigh.

"What did you do then?"

Zain yawns. "I think he's just trying to be assertive at home. He's a bit of a pushover, isn't he?"

Louis snorts. "Called him that, did you?"

"Daddy," Freddie exclaims, bursting into the room before Zain can do more than kick Louis again, throwing himself on the bed. "I went to sleep here and when I woke up I was in Harry and Zain's bed! But Zain wasn't there! And then Mummy and I did loads of things while you were sleeping!"

"Awesome," Louis says, rubbing a hand through Freddie's hair and watching him fondly.

Freddie starts chatting away, eager to tell them about the dream he had and his plans for the day and everything he's managed to do with Harry this morning, like it's been years since they've seen each other.

"Morning," Harry says quietly, careful not to disturb Freddie, slipping into bed beside Zain and pressing his face into Zain's shoulder.

"Hey," Zain says, kissing his hair. "Sleep well?"

"Yea," Harry lies very badly, ducking his head to burrow further into Zain and linking his fingers with Zain's. Zain rubs his thumb over Harry's cheek, nuzzling at his cheek and enjoying the quiet of the moment with only Freddie's chatter on in the background. He jolts when Freddie accidentally kicks him on his way from the room, Louis following him with half a reprimand on his lips, the peaceful moment effectively over.

"I missed you," Zain admits once Louis is safely distracted and further down the hall, and won't make immediate fun of him.

Harry's face seems to soften even further somehow, his whole body relaxing into Zain. "Missed you, too."

Zain bites back a comment that would probably get him kicked out a second night, kissing Harry's nose. "You ready for work?"

"Yea," Harry says, not moving. "Freddie already had breakfast with me, he was up very early this morning."

"Of course he was," Zain says, amused.

"Do you want me to pick up some clothes for you? To wear on Monday? I could ask Joe."

"It's fine," Zain yawns. "I can just wear whatever. One of your jumpers, maybe."

"Alright," Harry says, sounding exasperated.

"What?" Zain snorts, nudging Harry's cheek with his nose. "I don't need a stylist when I have your closet, do I? And you wear the same pair of trackies every day, you can't lecture me about it."

"I do not, I switch between two and a jeans," Harry says primly, pushing himself up to grin down at Zain.

"Right, sorry," Zain snorts, pushing him away. "Get up then, I wanna shower and the monster will be back soon."

"I'm gonna be home late probably," Harry says, letting himself be pushed from the bed and towards the door. Zain slips his arms around his waist, kissing him between the shoulders, following him.