Chapter 47: News and Advice

I grasp Peeta's hand as we make our way into the house, our robes still on after getting out of the lake.

We see Rachel looking through some paperwork at our dining table and we both stand a few metres away from it.

She looks up and notices us. "Hey guys, do you need me to do anything while you get changed?" She questions with a smile.

"No but we would like to have some advice on an idea I had." I answer, letting go of Peeta's hand and approaching Rachel.

"Yes sure! That's what I'm here for. Sit down." She instruct. I glance back to Peeta before sitting down beside her. Peeta follows on and sits beside me, his hand beginning to rub my thigh.

"So what's your idea?" Rachel questions.

"I - I just suggested to Peeta about having a water birth. But I mean, in the lake..." I start and Rachel nods. "Peeta wants to know if it'll be safe for our daughter?" I add and my eyes travel to Peeta's hand.

"It will most likely be safe for your girl. Personally, I would probably make you go in a bath just because lack of support and the possibility of being in labour at night will make birthing in the lake slightly more difficult. Doing it in the bath would also be quicker to sort you out if you encountered an emergency during labour or pushing." Rachel answers and I become unsure of whether to do it in the lake or not.

"But we could do is spend some of your labour in the lake but actually give birth in your bath." Rachel suggests and I turn to Peeta for an answer.

"I'd would want you to go with that idea. Katniss, we're twenty. There are still some complications and as Rachel said if you did encounter an emergency, I would want you to be helped quickly." Peeta answers and I sigh.

I give my belly two singular rubs, thinking of what to do. "I don't know." I mumble.

"Okay sweetie, talk to Peeta a bit more about it. Let me know when you're sure about how you'll bd enduring the birth." I nod and give a small smile.

"Just as well you two came to talk to me because I have some news myself. No I am not leaving you two just yet." I look up to Rachel, curious of what news she has.
"Even though I've been staying with you for three and a half months now, I have planned to move here from District 10."

"That's exciting!" I comment with a wider smile.

"But here's the catch. I'll be leaving you for a week sometime after your girl is one month old. Just to sort things out."

"Oh." I state.

"But I know you two are going to be great parents and will catch on to parenting quite easily." Rachel adds and I turn to Peeta.

"I'm going to go for a shower and then head to bed. I think your daughter has tired me out." I state before slowly getting out of the seat.

"I'll join you." Peeta speaks up and I nod in response.

"Make sure she doesn't feel dizzy or faint. Let me know if she does immediately." Rachel states as Peeta gets up and places his hand on my upper back.

"Okay. Take it easy sweetie." Peeta says and we make our way to the shower, going at a moderate pace. My mind buzzing with questions.

Should I or shouldn't I?

- - - - - - - - - -

This is your last chance guys to enter in your name suggestion and add to the 54 I have at the moment. 😂 When I post tomorrows chapter, I will announce the top 10 names that have been randomly chosen from my favourites!