Chapter 48: Auntie and Uncle

Peeta and I wait at his older brothers house door. He knocked and there has been no immediate response. His free arm wrapped around my back.

His eldest brother Rob, officially Robert, is 9 years older than Peeta with a wife and two kids. Peeta tells me Rob and his wife Michelle have a 'very cute' daughter and son who are twins. Ellie and Tom.

The door soon opens to reveal a brunette woman, probably Michelle. "Hello Peeta!" She exclaims.

"Hello Michelle." Peeta replies and they both share a hug. They break and Michelle turns to me.

"So you must be Katniss. I've heard so much about you from Peeta through Robert." She says and I greet her before we share a quick hug. "Oh my gosh. Why don't you look at that. You're glowing!" Michelle adds and I give a small smile.

"Come in. Come in." Michelle beckons us to enter and I trail on behind Peeta, slightly nervous.

"UNCLE PEETA! UNCLE PEETA! UNCLE PEETA!" A young voice says and a six year old boy runs up to him. Peeta squats down, holding out his arms out.

"TOM. TOM. TOM." Peeta mimics, making the boy laugh before slamming into his embrace. I smile at Peeta when I see his instincts kick in. It'll probably be that quick when our daughter arrives.

I slightly jump when someone's hand that isn't Peeta's makes contact with my back and I turn my head to discover it was Michelle.

"Sorry sweetie. You'll probably meet Tom later at lunch. But how about now we head into the living room where you can meet Ellie and talk to me about your relationship and pregnancy with Peeta." I nod in agreement at her suggestion and we slowly walk away from Peeta and my new nephew Tom. I turn back to look at them, worried Peeta won't be able to say anything that he wanted to say to me.

"If you'd want to talk to Peeta anytime let me know okay? Peeta told me about your small amount of anxiety and nervousness." I nod and I turn my head back.

We enter the room and I see their six year old daughter smash into Michelle's legs.
"Mama, is uncle Peeta here?" Their daughter Ellie asks Michelle.

"Yes he is, but be careful, Uncle Peeta's wife here is having a baby sweetheart." Michelle answers and Ellie looks up to me.

"Hello there Ellie. Your mama has told me lots and lots about you." I greet with a smile.

"Ellie, this is Auntie Katniss." Michelle introduces me. A little bit of nervousness overcomes me.

"Hello Auntie Katniss." Ellie says before taking my free hand and slowly leading me to their sofa. Ellie jumps onto the sofa and I slowly sit down, along with Michelle's help. Michelle becomes to sit on the other side of me.

Ellie wraps her arms around my chest with her cute smile. "You're very pretty Auntie Katniss."

"Thank you. But not as pretty as you." I thank and manage to kiss her head.

A new feeling comes over me. It probably is my motherly instincts kicking in already. I can tell that alongside my child, I am to have a good relationship with my niece Ellie.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

THE NAME CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED! Thank you to all your suggestions, I had just over 60 to choose from. But below are 10 names, one of them will be the middle name of the Mellark's upcoming daughter.

AND THE NAMES ARE:
-Alessia
-Mia
-Melissa
-Grace
-Rose
-Kayla
-Leigh
-Jessica
-Bay
-Lily

NOW you must wait for about 4 chapters before her name is revealed!

Thank you for entering and I plan to hopefully to do more of these in the future.