Chapter 13: Special First Dance

Stepping back into our apartment feels refreshing, I now officially own it as a Mellark. I smile and walk to the couches where I sit and sigh happily.

I hold out my left hand and finally can fully admire this ring Peeta bought behind my back.

It makes sense that he did though, for our secrets sake.

I slip it off my finger and place it in between my fingers. Letting it send a bonding glare into my eyes. I close my eyes, moving away from where I had it and open up again and go back to what I was doing.

The polished gold shines and yet I can see 'Always ~ Peeta' so neatly engraved inside.

I place it back next to my diamond engagement ring on my finger and watch them match together.

Suddenly music bursts into the quiet atmosphere and it makes me jump. I turn to look behind me and I see Peeta playing with our phone speaker.

"Sorry." He apologies and I smirk.

My face falls slightly when he chooses a song. One of my favourites. Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding.

He smiles, walking up to the couch. Reaching the couch, he leans down and we share a long lingering kiss.

"You've been sitting there since you've entered this apartment from going to the church." I hear him say when we separate and I look away, he wants to reenact our first meeting.

"Well, I basically chose to sit here. If you're asking for a first dance I think you -" I look up at him after I pause and raise my eyebrows after I pause like I did when we met.

"Should think about accepting?" I smile and place my hand in his.

"Oh of course, you're my amazing husband after all." I comment and get off the couch. I walk round the end of the couch to him and shriek as he yanks me forward.

Peeta laughs as I slam into his chest and I let out a small chuckle.

My arms make their way up Peeta's chest and join behind his neck. I stare into his blue eyes as his hands run from my waist to my back.

"Peeta, we're already at the first chorus and we haven't even started dancing." I state.

"Hold on, hold on." He replies and he starts circling, taking me with him. "Happy now?"

"Nope." I answer popping the p and Peeta kisses me as we still move, hoping to get my seal of approval.

We stop moving suddenly and a thump is heard. We break our kiss and I start laughing as I see Peeta walked into the wall.

"Clumsy cakes." I comment and ruffle Peeta's hair. He blushes in embarrassment. "Oh my gosh! Peeta Mellark is blushing! Call the news reporters!" I joke and lean my forehead against him. I kiss his nose and he looks up at me.

"You know I'm only playing." I make clear and Peeta doesn't reply verbally but rubs his nose against mine. I peck Peeta's lips and stroke his still blushed up cheek.

"This isn't how I imagined our first dance." Peeta states and I chuckle.

"But it's our special first dance." I remind him and pull him away from the wall, letting our special moment continue.