Chapter 5: Unfamiliar Ground

"Peeta!" I gasp, out of breath. Peeta stops walking and turns to look to at. "We've been walking for many hours straight now and have no direction where we're going." It all rolls off my tongue so quickly, I hope he can understand.

"Okay. Let's take a break." He suggest and I sigh in relief. He comes up to me and I nearly faint. "Okay! Okay!" he exclaims slightly worried. He takes my arms and we both slowly sit down.

He rummages in a bag to retrieve at water bottle we filled by the lake from earlier. He hands it to me and I replenish my dry mouth. Finishing, I lean my head agaisnt Peeta's.

"So where are we heading?" I ask again.

"Somewhere far from 12." He chuckles but I continue to look at him seriously, not taking in the joke. "Alright. Just trying to lighten the mood. The next District is 6. It'd take 4 days to get there and probably we could get the train to the other side of Panem if necessary." (If you wondered where they are going via US States, they are heading to Ohio from the Appalachian Mountains)

"How did you find that out?" I ask curiously. He taps his nose and smirks. "You searched it up on your phone didn't you." He sighs in reply and I let out a small laugh.

"Oh Peeta." I remove my head from leaning on his and look up towards the sky, seeing it starting to change to sunset. "We should camp here." I state and he nods in reply. We stand up, heading towards the closest tree.

While I grab some food we have, Peeta sets up our sleeping arrangements for tonight. I wonder how that is going to work. I get out a couple of big apples we bought at the market and walk to Peeta who has laid out a couple of blankets.

"I'm not complaining but is this what you managed to get?" I ask him and he looks at me. I hand him his apple before he replies.

"No, I bought us one pillow, it's small but I didn't want to get something huge." I nod and he bites into his apple, walking off to retrieve something from his duffle bag. I sit myself on the blankets that Peeta placed out and slowly devour my apple.

Peeta comes over with the pillow in his hand and sees me, not feeling like my normal self. He sits down beside me on the blanket and rubs my thigh.

"You okay?" He asks, kissing my temple.

"I guess." I state and lean against his side. We finish 'dinner' soon enough and the stars are strting to peek out in the ornange coloured sky.

Peeta and I climb under the blanket and lie down. This will be our second time we sleep togther. Peeta covers my body more with the blanket and I slightly smile at the gesture. I rest my head against his chest and his arms encirlce around my frame.

We look up towards the sky as it changes through time. "Goodnight Katniss." Peeta breaks the silence.

"Goodnight Peeta. I love you." I slowly close my eyes. I feel Peeta kiss my head and entering oblivion, I can make out what his replies is.

"I love you too. Don't worry."

I'm thinking about holding a contest for you guys. Let me know if you would enter if I was to host one. More details will come if I have enough responses. Also sorry for not updating for a couple of days.