Chapter 21: Don't Do It

*PEETA'S POV*

"Thats enough time." I state angrily and get up from my seat.

"I'm so sorry Mr Mellark." Katherine apologises and I face her before heading out the room.

"It's a bit too late for that. You've hurt my wife even more." I hiss before exiting out. Slamming the door behind me, I scan the hall for Katniss.

Nowhere.

Think Peeta! If not the hall then where?

"The toilets." I mutter and run in the direction of the toilets. Knowing Katniss has gone the same way.

"How dare that doctor say that to us!" I hiss again and continue following the blue signs. Soon I suddenly stop as I reach my destination.

I walk to the door for the handicapped, knowing she might have wanted privacy. I knock on the closed door before calling for her.

"Katniss?" no reply. I wait just incase she does but I draw to the conclusion that it's empty.

My eardrums are soon filled with a familiar sound.

Crying.

Katniss' crying.

"Katniss?" I murmur and discover that she's in the girls toilets. I stand in front of door, unsure of if I should enter.

I glance around to see if anyone is there, finding no one. I push the door open and her sobs become louder.

I walk in and notice all but one stall is empty. The end one has a close door. "Katniss." I state and pace myself to the door. I get on my knees and lean against it.

"Sweetie can you open up for me?" I ask and only get more sobbing from her.

"Katniss, I told the doctor off okay. Sweetie please unlock it?" I look in the gap and see her huddled in the corner closest to me.

I reach my arm under and place my hand against her upper arm. She shrieks and I hear metal making contact with the tile floor.

My eyes widen and I look under to see a pocket knife was dropped. Blade out. Tipped with her blood.

"No NO!" KATNISS! DON'T HONEY, OPEN THIS DOOR OR I'LL BREAK IT DOWN." I demand and sobbing overcomes my calm state. I hear shuffling and whimpers as Katniss unlocks the door.

Once I see her, all my insides drop.

"Katniss, honey." I pull her close against me and she buries her head into my chest. I look down and see the source of the blood was from two cuts on her wrist.

"Why Katniss?" I plead and my hands violently shake against her body.

"KILL ME OR THE BABY PEETA! I DON'T WANT TO SUFFER ANYMORE!" Katniss exclaims and I shake my head.

"No, no. I'm not going to do that. You are both so precious." I retort and sob into her shoulder.

"No way would I hurt either of you." we stay in each other embrace until our cries lessened.

"Don't ever do that again." I plead and she nods. "Let's go get this treated," I suggest, meaning her wrist and she nods again.

We stand up and I take her bag from her. I collect the pocket knife, close it up and place it in my pocket. Slowly we walk out and I'm still overcome in fear.

Katniss holds her right hand to her chest, staining her shirt with blood. I notice a nurse and call to her.

"Excuse me, can you help me?" She turns to us and walks to us, slightly wide eyed.

"What happened?" She asks and carefully examines her wrist.

"Caught my beautiful girl self harming in the toilets." I sadly state. Another nurse approaches us and they take Katniss away from my embrace.

They exchange quiet small talk as they slowly walk away. I turn and head towards the waiting room but Katniss stops me.

"Peeta." She calls, sobs collecting in her throat. I turn to her and her left arm extends towards me. I walk up to her and the nurses and she wraps her free arm around me. My hand travels to hold her back as we walk to another room so these cuts will heal.