Chapter 9: Valentine's Day

I look out the train window to view the fast moving world before my eyes, yet not feeling right at all.

I run my hands up and down both my bare arms not realising staright away that a frown has made it's way onto my face.  The dull sky matching my feelings.

I feel breathing on my neck instantly and tense. Peeta's hands place over mine and he kisses my temple.  My body relaxes and Peeta walks to stand in front of me. He places his hands under my arms and he picks me up. 

Peeta sits down and places me on his lap. We wrap our arms around each other and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Guess what day it is." Peeta whispers into my ear, breaking the ongoing slience in the room. I chuckle, a smile appearing on my face.

Feburary 14th. Valentine's Day.

"Valentine's Day." I answer and I turn to give him a quick kiss.

"Guess what you're getting?" Peeta answers before I could even think. "A rant."

"What is the rant about?" I ask, curiously.

"You." Peeta answers simply and I blush, buring my head deeper into his shoulder.

"Oh come on. It's my gift to you." Peeta adds and he kisses my head again. "Katniss Lauren Everdeen." He begins and I cover my face with my hand, getting embarrased yet it is just us two in this suite.

"Katniss Everdeen, soon to be Mellark, is the most amazing person in this world. Being her partner is such a big privilege that I never thought I would receive. She has gone through some of the most darkest times that I never knew she could encounter, yet she comes out strong and brave with battle scars."

He pauses and tilts my head so kiss my cheek, holding the slightly fading bruise from earlier this week. "Her strength has shown me more of her than she would let anyone."

He brings his head to resst against the side of mine and begins to murmur into my ear. "She is so beautiful with these scars, she wouldn't be the same amazing girl without them." I blush and Peeta rubs his nose in my hair.

"I love you. So so much you will never know Katniss." he finishes and we share a passionate kiss. Breaking apart, I lean my forehead against his.

"I love you too. Thank you, for offering me that dance." I comment and Peeta smiles. We share another quick kiss before embracing in a tighter hug.

Soon, we will be living the life of a married couple. Yet only being in our late teens. Age doesn't matter to us. Taking the opportunity is what we did and here we are. On a train to District 10, on Valentine's Day, expressing our love towards one another as we are free to do so.

I can never love someone more than I am to Peeta. He is my everything, without him I am lost and broken.

I'VE POSTED A NEW ONE-SHOT CALLED GRACEFUL MOVES! GO CHECK IT OUT IN MY BIO!