Chapter 46: Wading

I carefully kneel down beside Rose, the tree roots haven't become tighter overtop of the box.

In the background I can hear Peeta wading in the lake, like we do normally at this time of evening.

I place a new set of roses by the tree, fighting the urge to open up the box. I sigh and blow our dead baby girl a kiss before standing up once again.

I slip the robe I was wearing off of me and place it on the rocks before heading to the waters edge.
I'm surprised that my dark green bikini fits me even in the state I'm in.

"Look at you Katniss. You're glowing." Peeta comments as he spots me and I blush. Peeta wades out of the water towards me. He grabs my hands softly and kisses my protruding belly before leading me into the water.

"Can I just hold you Peeta? I'm not in the mood for a swim." I ask and Peeta nods. We soon get to waist deep in the cool water and I wrap my arms around Peeta's neck. Peeta wraps his arms just above my belly and squats down so we both become submerged by water from our chest down.

In a matter of seconds, he begins to walk backwards around the lake. I lift my feet off of the lake floor and let him drag me.

I lightly kick my feet to help him. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. Even though my belly is surrounded by water, I can feel our daughter kick lightly. She normally does while we're in here and the light feeling against my skin gives me more relaxation.

"She is kicking again." I inform Peeta and I feel his jaw form a smile.

"Is she?" Peeta confirms with me.

"Yeah. It's the light kicking again. I wish she'd always kick like this. I'd be able to have a full night sleep instead of waking up many times in the night." I answer.

"I know you would. I'd do anything to take away your sleepless nights and inflict them myself."

"No Peeta. I'm fine with it." I retort. We stay in silence for a little longer, using gliding through the water. Sending more ripples into undistrurbed water.

"Peeta?"

"Yes Katniss?"

"I don't want to have our baby at the hospital this time." I comment.

"Okay. We have have her in the house if you'd be more comfortable with that." Peeta answers.

"No. Not in the house either." I state and Peeta looks at me confused.

"Then where?"

"Over there." I state and point to where the lake water meets the dirt. "At the waters edge." I add.

"A water birth? I don't know. It might not be safe -" Peeta says but I stop him.

"We can get advice from Rachel. If not the lake then the bath?" I question.

"Okay. I just want the baby to be safe when it enters the world." Peeta draws to a conclusion and I nod.

We then continue to wade for a while longer, the thought that in just under 3 months our second daughter will be born.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you guys for your name ideas! I now have over 50 to go through so far!!!!

What I will do is on Thursday, I'll be randomly picking 10 of my favourites. I will let you know what these 10 are but then you'll have to wait for the full name at her birth.

Keep commenting names!!