Chapter 44: I Love You, I Love You, I Love You

I've decided that I now mainly lie on our sofa, just to be comfortable and know that our baby is still alive. Rubbing my still widening bump, our baby begins moving and I smile. Our baby has started kicking but normally does when Peeta is around. Because I'm being so protective this time, I give myself 10 minutes each day to 'comfort' our unborn child.

"Look at you." Peeta breathes from behind me, making me jump. He chuckles and kisses my cheek before coming to sit beside me. I rest my head on his legs.

"It's kicking at the moment if you want to join with some rubbing." I state and Peeta smiles.
He places his right hand just below mine on my bump and I wince at a big movement in my stomach.

"Are you okay?" Peeta asks, slightly concerned at why I winced.

"Yeah, just a big kick.". I answer, sighing.

"Are you excited about getting the gender revealed at next weeks ultrasound?" Rachel is once again our midwife, we alerted her of my pregnancy and she decided to stay with us through the rest of my pregnancy. We were able to find out the gender at our last appointment but decided then not to, yet we now have chosen for it to Be revealed.

"Yeah I am. I am really hoping its a boy that becomes a mini version of you." I state and I roll carefully to lie facing his stomach. "Besides it's going to be my slightly late birthday present." I add.

"Which leads me to this... You might want to sit up sweetie." He states and carefully helps me to sit up.

"Afterwards though I'm lying back down." I warn him and he nods. I see on the arm rest a wrapped gift. It being relatively big too.

"Peeta, you didn't have to give me anything this big." I comment but Peeta shakes his head.

"No, I had to." He retorts and places it on my lap. I look from the wrapped gift to him.

"Go on, open it up." He gestures.

I look back at the gift and begin working away at it. Firstly untying the red ribbon then carefully ripping one end of the wrapping paper.

"When did you become so delicate?" Peeta asks and I can hear his nearly inaudible chuckle.

I look up at him and smack his arm. "Shut up." I state and slide away the wrapping paper to reveal a photo album.

"Okay, this should've been our wedding anniversary gift but the idea sprung into mind for your birthday." Peeta comments and I open up the book.

I gasp in awe and my hand flies to my mouth. "Peeta." I breathe and see our first six photos, as a couple, on a decorated black double page spread.

From flipping through the pages, I can see how we have transformed. Together. By each others side.

I smile and a few tears spring to my eyes and I flip through. Soon enough I flip to the middle page and my heart stops. I burst into sobs when I see what Peeta has done. In gold, a letter addressed to me covering both sides besides one spot. Where the picture lies. The one where Peeta and I have our foreheads pressed together and holding our sweet baby Rose.

"Read it." I choke out and slide the scrapbook onto his lap. He shuffles closer to me and wraps an arm around me, holding the side of my bump.

"Dear Katniss Lauren Mellark, When we first danced that night my life had decided to change. You were the most beautiful one in the room, your black beating all the bright colour gowns. That dance we encountered was truly magical even in those short moments. As you were dragged away, I was lead into a world that needed you. Discovering our distance we needed felt like I was being stabbed in the heart. But you, you were worth fighting for. I risked my life to love you as you did for me. Risking my life was the best thing I had ever done. I got you and in secret we continued. The moments where you said yes and I do, my stomach was flipping in joy. You were mine for eternity. I've said so many times how I'd protect you forever and love you as much as I could, bursting myself if I had to." I chuckle and ball his shirt in my fist.

"I won't ever stop saying the words I love you because they are so true. No words could ever tell you, no action could express the way I feel about you. With you, my life is complete. You're the light in my tunnel. You are my angel that finds me in the darkness. You are my stronghold. You're my once in a lifetime. You make my life complete. You are my comfort in the shadow of defeat and fear. If..." I hear Peeta sniff and wrap my arms around him, knowing this section will be hard to say.

"If you died and I lived, I'd be broken. More than we were before. I would have lost the most beautiful presence that even existed. I wouldn't be able to love again. I'd be stuck in this place of utter turmoil, hell probably. But I know, you're going to stay with me. Always. I love you. I love you. I love you. Peeta." Peeta finishes and we share a kiss.

"I love you too." I whisper and bring him into an even tighter hug.