Chapter 58: Five Reasons

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Our three year old Dwyn exclaims, running past me towards Peeta. Her brown curls bobbing off her shoulders.

I watch her with a smile. Her energy level giving me more happiness. As I continue folding our laundry, Peeta tackles Dwyn into his arms, everyone then starts laughing.

Peeta carefully falls into the sofa and everyone has to recover before Dwyn can even talk to Peeta.

"I want to ask a question." Dwyn says to Peeta slowly, making sure she gets her sentences right.

"Sure princess. What do you want to ask?" Peeta asks in reply and positions Dwyn more comfortably on his lap.

"My friends at kindy live in big houses closer to your work Daddy. Why do we live here?" Dwyn projects and I smile.

"Well there are five reasons - can you hold up five fingers for me Dwyn?" Peeta starts, holding up his hand and Dwyn soon follows. She counts her fingers before holding up her hand.

"Good girl. So reason number one. Did you know I met your Mama in the clearing where we got to head to Grandma and Grandpa's house?" Dwyn shakes her head in a no. "Well we did and I loved her from the moment we looked into each others eyes."

"Really?" Dwyn interrupts and turns to look at me. I nod my head with a wider smile before Dwyn turns back to Peeta.

"Now reason number two. I asked Mama to be your Mama right by the lake." Peeta continues and gasps. She clambers off Peeta's lap and runs up to me. She softly yanks her left hand into mine and looks at the wedding and engagement ring Peeta slipped onto my finger.

"You gave Mama these over there?" Dwyn asks Peeta, pointing out the window on the other side of the room. Peeta nods and I give her head a kiss before she hugs me and goes to sit on Peeta's lap again.

"Number three, this is your Mama and my favourite place." Peeta looks up to me and gives me a loving smile which I return.

"Number four. Mama and I have lived here, even before you were born!" Peeta exclaims and Dwyn's eyes widen, making me chuckle. "We lived here when you were in Mama's tummy." Peeta adds, poking Dwyn's belly.

"Now. Number five. This is the most important one." I give up finishing my task for the moment, just watching my husband and daughter bond another time. Another of a million times.

"You, Dwyn Jessica Rose Mellark, were born here." Peeta finishes and I walk up to them.

"I wasn't born in the hospital?" Dwyn quizzes and I kneel beside them.

"No. Stubborn Mama didn't want to go to the hospital." Peeta answers and I chuckle.

"I told Daddy, 'No, I want to have my baby girl here. I don't like hospitals.' " I add and Dwyn turns to look at me. "That's why you are our special girl Dwyn."

Dwyn slips off Peeta's lap and wraps her small arms around my neck.

"Aw, thank you baby." I whisper, kissing her head a couple of times and wrapping my arms around her small frame.

I look up to Peeta and share smiles. I reach an arm out to Peeta and he kneels down beside us, wrapping his arms around us too.

I close my eyes and smile wider. Content with this moment. Content with my life. I'll forever be happy.

------------

GUYS THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ALL I HAVE TO POST NOW IS AN EPILOGUE AND IT'S ALL DONE. I AM NOT HAPPY. CAN ANYONE HEAR ME SOBBING IN A CORNER????