Chapter 23: Huddled

I bring my long sleeves up to be balled in my hands and I stay huddled at one end of the couch. These hormones are getting the best of me, especially with all this stress I'm encountering. I try to stop the tears but they probably won't anytime soon.

"Hey there. You alright?" Peeta coos and I look up to see him kneeling beside me.

He reaches his hand out, either to hold mine or to rest on my stomach. I swat it away and face to stare at my knees again. "No." I demand and more sobs escape from my mouth. "Please don't touch me." I beg.

My stomach hurts so much more when Peeta touches it and the baby begins kicking. Especially with it now starting to keep me up at night.

"Katniss, you're going to be okay. The baby is too. You don't need to worry."

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONE CARRYING IT FOR 9 MONTHS!" I shout, anger boiling up in me.
"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW UNCOMFORTABLE I AM, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IM STARTING TO FEEL USELESS. YOU DONT KNOW THE PAIN IM GOING TO BE EXPERIENCING."

"I know but -" Peeta starts but I cut him off.

"SO YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY BECAUSE THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT'S GOING TO BE." I scream at him and his eyes slightly widen in fear.

My breathing slows and my face drops as I realised I probably hurt my stand emotionally. Tears flow soon after and I bury my head in my knees.

"I'm horrible." I state and start wishing for this to all go away.

"No you're not. You're amazing and courageous. It's all my fault that this is happened. We shouldn't have done it the night we escaped. I was just so accumulated with the thought that you were now mine that it drove me to do it." Peeta complains and sighs.

"I'll leave you for a bit." Peeta says and I hear him get up from kneeling beside me. I start letting him walk away but the hormones change me completely.

I lift my head from my knees to watch him.

"Peeta." I mumble and he turns to look at me. I extend my arms towards him, suddenly wanting his embrace.

He turns and walks back to me. I wrap my arms around him and Peeta kisses my forehead ever so softly. I bury my head into his shoulder and the quiet sobbing begins.

"Oh Kat." Peeta sighs and lifts me onto his lap. "Hormones?" I nod and nuzzle my head into his shoulder more.

"You're doing so well, you know that right?" I nod and Peeta wraps his arms around me, leaving me to feel happy with him.

Hey Guys! I'm in the process of moving overseas and won't have very much wifi until next Tuesday at the latest. This is to probably be my last chapter post until then, I will write the next few chapters and post them when I get wifi!! Goodbye until Tuesday guys!